Corsair Community

SCIMITAR RGB is this for real?!?!?!

Guru Zeb

Just to set the scene i have been more than happy to both use and evangelise Corsair PSU's and memory products ... pretty much since dinos walked the Earth.

I have owned dozens of Corsair PSU's and the reason i buy pretty much only corsair and happily recommend them to everyone who asks. is that in all those years and all those PSU's some of which i subjected to stupidly stressful operating conditions, those awesome little plain boxes only ever gave me ridiculously reliable performance.

So now to my latest experience with corsair.

I bought a SCIMITAR RGB (yeah i know i should have done better research).

I have to say am floored by what a mess this product is ... The mouse itself is fine, but the litany of issues with:

configs not working

awkward UI

profiles being wiped 30% on reboot

CUE not even detecting mouse 40% of time on boot

I doubt i WILL ever buy another Corsair peripheral, after my experience with my SCIMITAR. I actually am growing to really like the actual mouse too, so double shame.

I'll continue to use and recommend the PSU's though ... just like i've been doing for years.

Just needed to get that off my chest, sorry for the length/relevance.

Actual query

one issue with my SCIMITAR is going to force my back to using my old logitechs unless i can do something about it.

I cannot no matter what i set the keys for config the profile button or the DPI change button. i only need straight keyboard presses but once set the command does not work.

I am defo setting the keys correctly as everything works as intended on my thumbpad ... just never on the profile or DPI buttons

I don't see anything about them being reserved, and the app allows me to reassign them so i assume it should work.

Am trying really hard to give this mouse the solid try its hardware deserves .. but damn Corsair .. your NOT making it easy!!!

Any help appreciated

Zeb

I cannot no matter what i set the keys for config the profile button or the DPI change button. i only need straight keyboard presses but once set the command does not work.

I am defo setting the keys correctly as everything works as intended on my thumbpad ... just never on the profile or DPI buttons

I don't see anything about them being reserved, and the app allows me to reassign them so i assume it should work.

Am trying really hard to give this mouse the solid try its hardware deserves .. but damn Corsair .. your NOT making it easy!!!

Any help appreciated

Zeb

Hah! I literally just made a post about this yesterday. It is the dumbest **** man. I absolutely love this mouse, but the software issues are ridiculous. It is such a complete shame, that a great product has to be destroyed by it's software counterpart.

I have the same mouse as you, but not the pro version. I was using software version 1.16 and was experiencing different issues. I thought by upgrading to 2.0 it would solve all my problems, but in return created new ones. I had to revert back to 1.16 in order to assign the DPI buttons again. You can find the old software here, http://www.corsair.com/en-us/downloads#download_form_13

Just keep hitting load more until you see Scimitar RGB

IDK if you have the pro version of this mouse or not, and I also don't know if 1.16 will work with the pro version either, but it's worth a shot.

Just found this post http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=904050#post904050

Hey thanks bro ... will defo try this.

hopefully next version will have ALL the kinks worked out.

But like i said i am REALLY floored by this from Corsair, i pray this is not an

indication of where the company is heading in general these days...

Archived