Corsair Community

New Neo 2 Platinum board and XMS3200C2 2GB?

Neil78

I recently just bought a MSI Neo 2 Platinum board. I noticed you recommend the TWINX memory for the board but I already have 3 512MB CMX512-3200C2 chips from my previous board and recently purchased another one to fill all 4 channels in DDR. I didn't want to have to spend $500 to buy all new memory again.

Are there any disadvantages to running the 4 512MB chips of this older series? I do a lot of graphics adn development work on the computer and some gaming.

Also MSI has a note to use the recommended manufacturer specs in the BIOS. What are the recommended specs for this type of memory at this 4 chip configuration?

Thanks

• Corsair Employees
All four modules would need to be the exact same part# and revision or they may not run properly in this system. And with more than 2 modules with this platform you would not be abel to run at 1T Command rate.

All four modules would need to be the exact same [art# and revision or they may not run properly in this system. And with more than 2 modules with this platform you would not be abel to run at 1T Command rate.

Thanks for the info.

Now I am sure they are the same model, but how do I know if they are the same revision? Two were bought in 2004 and two were bought in 2002.

What is the 1T command rate and how does it affect the system? Is there a readme available on this issue?

Thanks

Archived