Corsair Community

Corsair Scimitar MMO Mouse, Absolutely Unresponsive And Useless

I originally got this mouse because it has mechanical buttons and felt the most comfortable holding in best buy on display compared to the razor. When I first hooked it in and used it, the cursor response/movement was mostly good. I usually have it unhooked for long periods since I neglect playing star trek online currently in favor of other games but I hooked it in now because I am going to play it and the mouse is totally unresponsive.

Cursor movement is a choppy mess and not smooth at all, this is the worst mouse I have ever purchased. I thought it was wire drag or something but it isn't, I hold up the wire and it seems to move better but I keep moving the mouse around holding it up and it gets choppy, unprecise with movement. Too bad I can't return this mouse now, worst purchase I have ever made. Should have got the Razor MMO mouse.

Anyway, this is much better, hooked in my old G600 and it feels good and responsive to move the cursor.

• Corsair Employees

This is rather unusual for a mouse that worked fine then becomes somehow erratic for no reason.

A couple of things to try and see if it'll resolve the issue. Make sure to download the latest version of CUE2. It should be version 2.13.80. I'd try flashing the SCIMITAR's firmware make sure you have 1.09. Also, you can try and do a soft reset. Before you connect your SCIMITAR, hold down both left click and right click then plug in the USB. The mouse will flash indicating a reset. Start with those and see if it changes anything

Archived