Corsair Community

Corsair Link (with H100i v2) incorrectly reporting number of fans

Vertakill

Hi,

I've recently purchased a machine which has a H100i v2 installed. I've installed Corsair Link (4.7.0.77), ensured the H100i v2 is installed in Device Manager correctly, and has the latest firmware (2.8.00), however CL is reporting that I have three case fans (I have two; one front and one back) and a single fan on the H100i v2.

Has anyone else experienced such an issue, or know what could be causing this?

I've attached a picture to show what I'm seeing in CL.

Thanks,

Verta

858755587_2017-05-1817_48_13-CorsairLINK4.thumb.png.b298d5b24ab17e874a2812e37cf5b396.png

One of the fans on your Motherboard tab (the first one) is your pump assuming you have the pump plugged into your motherboard cpu fan header.

which i assume is Fan#1. which normally in my system reads at half the pump speed showing in the cooler tab ;)

Hope that made sense

Re: the H100i v2 only showing a single fan - is that correct? There are two attached, but I assume their speed is synced?

1. The Asetek H100iV2 only has a single fan controller so can only report one fan speed.
  2. If you look at the fan Y cable you should notice pin-3 (the speed signal) is missing from one.
  3. The same PWM control signal is sent to both pin-4s, so both should run at the same speed.
  4. If the unmonitored fan stops spinning there is no way for the monitoring software to report this.

1. Asetek coolers have a single fan controller which both fans use and only one fan speed is reported.

1. The Asetek H100iV2 only has a single fan controller so can only report one fan speed.
  2. If you look at the fan Y cable you should notice pin-3 (the speed signal) is missing from one.
  3. The same PWM control signal is sent to both pin-4s, so both should run at the same speed.
  4. If the unmonitored fan stops spinning there is no way for the monitoring software to report this.

Spot on, thanks. Sorry I didn't see that in your 'Maximum Fan Currents' thread

Archived