Corsair Community

Asus NCCH-DL and Corsair memory

indiweb

You need to double check with ASUS that this board does not REQUIRE ECC memory modules and only SUPPORTS them.

As such, if it does not require ECC, then I'd run TwinX2048-3200C2 instead of two TwinX sets of 3200XL.

You'd get better stability out of the bargain that way.

PLUR

CK

• Corsair Employee
I would not suggest XMS3200XL with this MB, as they have not allowed you in the past to set the Dim Voltage with their server MB's and the Minimum suggested voltage for 2 modules would be 2.75 Volts and I would suggest 2.85 Volts if you want to run with 4 modules and you may have to set the timings to Cass 2.5-3-3-7 as well. A better choice would be Twinx2048-3200C2 if you need 2.0 Gig of memory. And as CK suggested I would ask ASUS if you can use NON ECC with this MB, but for sure they would have too be non-registered AKA Un-Buffered.

From the Asus motherboard manual :

- Support PC3200/2700/2100 unbuffered ECC or non-ECC DDR DIMMs (NorthBridge : Intel E82875P) : May I make a mistake but can I find unbuffered ECC (just E in your ref ? I saw R and RE... but E...) ? I always saw registred ECC (with RE)...

- DRAM Vcore voltage. Configuration options : [+2.8V][+2.7V][+2.6V] : I suppose +2.8V will be my only available option... ?

Can you explain me why the timings go to 2.5-3-3-7 instead of 2-2-2-5 if I use 2x Twinx1024-3200XLPro ? I assumed the banks are on discrete channels... Am I wrong ?

If I use Twinx2048-3200C2, what will be the correct settings ? 2-3-3-6 and 2.8V ? Do you think it will be possible to upgrade to 4GB and keep good timings ?

Best regards,

Yves.

• Corsair Employee
As I posted we do not offer an Un-buffered module with ECC except to a few OEM's. Sorry there is just not enough demand for them. And the reason you might have to relax the timings is because of chipset loading as you add more memory there is more loading on the chipset. And the reason many MB's will default to DDR333 with 4 modules installed.

Archived