Corsair Community

Win-Lock Programming

• 2 months later...
Hello,

Not sure if in correct board, but can someone tell me if it is possible to program the Win-Lock key to lock windows when long pressing and still function as usual as pressed?

Thanks

Create a new profile LOCKWIN.

Define a REMAP KEY action for keystroke Win + L. This will lock windows.

Define a TIMER action that, when the timer expires, invokes the REMAP KEY action, and have the TIMER start when the profile is invoked.

Set the timer expiration period to be how long you wish to long-press the key.

Bind the TIMER action to your WinLock key.

In your original profile, define a PROFILE SWITCH action which will switch to your LOCKWIN profile. Ensure that this takes effect only while key is held. Retain original key function. Bind this to your WinLock key.

So this works by retaining the original WinLock functionality (for short pressing). While the key is held, CUE switches to a new profile where a timer is counting down until it recognizes that this is a long-press, at which point the Win + L keystroke is sent, locking the screen.

• 2 months later...
Guys hi is it possible in my K70 RGB RAPIDFIRE to make win-lock button to lock all the buttons (i dont care if it contains the mute , scroll or multimedia keys). My previous keyboard was wireless so i just turned it off and i had no issue. This is a vital need for me due to many reasons but mainly due to my 5 children who are exploring the beautiful world of corsair products thus interupting all the time the work i am doing with my pc :laughing: Thank you in advance for any answer.

Guys hi is it possible in my K70 RGB RAPIDFIRE to make win-lock button to lock all the buttons (i dont care if it contains the mute , scroll or multimedia keys). My previous keyboard was wireless so i just turned it off and i had no issue. This is a vital need for me due to many reasons but mainly due to my 5 children who are exploring the beautiful world of corsair products thus interupting all the time the work i am doing with my pc :laughing: Thank you in advance for any answer.

I think Comet's solution should work, if not you should be able to macro some combination or program that forces windows to lock almost immediately.

Comet thank you for the reply. i fixed it, the operation manual is old so it did not helped out very much so with some experimentation i found it. What i've done was to go to my existed profile to ACTIONS and then to the right tab from the drop down list check the DISABLE. After that i checked the option disable key if lock button is on and after that i clicked the button which i wanted to lock. That created an entry in the ACTIONS tab i clicked on the created action and on the right i pressed the copy action button. Then i clicked on the copy action entry that had just created and pressed another button. i did this as many times as the keys i wanted to lock which was all of them :eek: so i did it a lot of times. And the keys are all locked.

My problem now is that i can not transfer that action to my other profiles i have save it in the action library but when i transfer this from the action library to another profile nothing happens.

Archived