Corsair Community

Corsair XMS & MAT

nLinked

I have the Corsair XMS TWINX 1024-4000 Pro RAM, on an MSI 875P Neo-FISR mainboard.

The BIOS supports something called Memory Acceleration Technology (MAT). Settings include normal, Fast, Turbo, Ultra-Turbo, etc...

Does my XMS memory support this feature? If so, which setting should I select?

Regards.

• Corsair Employees
MAT or MAM would be a MB makers defined setting, and I am sorry but no we would not support it. But you are welcome to try then and see if they give you better results. However, we suggest you leave this set to AUTO or Bios default and set the timings manually with all of our modules.

MAT or MAM would be a MB makers defined setting, and I am sorry but no we would not support it. But you are welcome to try then and see if they give you better results. However, we suggest you leave this set to AUTO or Bios default and set the timings manually with all of our modules.

Thank you for your (speedy!) reply :):

What settings is my TWINX 1024-4000 Pro guaranteed to overclock to, assuming all my other hardware could support it? For example in the BIOS:

- DRAM Frequency

- DDR Clock

- and DDR Power Voltage

What of the above can this memory overclock to, as I read somewhere that it has been guaranteed to overclock to a specific amount of (some of) the above.

Regards.

What of the above can this memory overclock to, as I read somewhere that it has been guaranteed to overclock to a specific amount of (some of) the above.

No memory by ANY manufacturer is ever guaranteed to OC a specific level. If they could guarantee that then they'd just sell them at that speed :)

Testing parameters for TWINX4000:

TWINX1024-4000 Data Sheet

TWINX512-4000 Data Sheet

Motherboard make and model: Asus P4C800/-E and/or Abit IC7/-G.

Each pair is tested and packaged together using the following settings:

CPU External Frequency: Manually set to 250MHz

DRAM Clock: Manually set to 1:1 or 400MHz

SDRAM CAS Latency: 3T

SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 4T

SDRAM Row Precharge (tRP): 4T

SDRAM Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 8T

SDRAM Bank Interleave: 4 Bank

SDRAM VDIMM: 2.75

All other settings are motherboard defaults.

Maximum recommended VDIMM: 2.9

No memory by ANY manufacturer is ever guaranteed to OC a specific level. If they could guarantee that then they'd just sell them at that speed :)

Thank you for your reply.

I have tried and tested the memory and have now set it to adequate frequencies. :sunglasse

Archived