Corsair Community

CPU Q-fan for AIO pump

StuartLee2018AE

I have been thinking about this...

it is known that pump is required to run at 12V full power at all times.

but, should the CPU-Q fan disabled or use Advanced Mode : Turbo since

the motherboard says ' Advanced Mode ' should be selected if 3pin fans

is connected..

I have been using the Disabled for a year, and is it wrong? I think i may have slowly destroying my pump ..

Q-Fan should be disabled and I advise that the mode should be set to PWM for good measure to ensure the cooler get's the constant +12 volts that it needs.

If you enable Q-Fan this may well cause the cooler to fail.

Q-Fan should be disabled and I advise that the mode should be set to PWM for good measure to ensure the cooler get's the constant +12 volts that it needs.

If you enable Q-Fan this may well cause the cooler to fail.

So either Disabled or Advanced Mode - Turbo.?

In the manual it says Turbo is for achieving maximum speeds.

Turbo is not the same as 12v. It is an aggressive curve and would work with PWM, but it is not optimal.

If you are using the Q-Fan display in the E-Z BIOS, the proper Asus term is "Full Speed" and as mentioned above I would also toggle it to PWM as a fail safe.

If you hit the F7 and go the Advanced BIOS -> Monitoring column, you can scroll down to CPU Fan and toggle the "Enabled/Disabled" box.

Full Speed = Disabled. If you set full speed in q-Fan, it will be set as disabled when you go to the advanced BIOS and vice versa.

Turbo is not the same as 12v. It is an aggressive curve and would work with PWM, but it is not optimal.

If you are using the Q-Fan display in the E-Z BIOS, the proper Asus term is "Full Speed" and as mentioned above I would also toggle it to PWM as a fail safe.

If you hit the F7 and go the Advanced BIOS -> Monitoring column, you can scroll down to CPU Fan and toggle the "Enabled/Disabled" box.

Full Speed = Disabled. If you set full speed in q-Fan, it will be set as disabled when you go to the advanced BIOS and vice versa.

Ok, Thanks... so the Disabled mode i have been using for a year is correct, i think it's the pump problem.. i have sent it for RMA, hope the new one would last longer or 5 years.

Archived