Corsair Community

Obsidian 750D Airflow Fan Question

Cad03

I want to upgrade from the stock fans on my 750D Airflow, and I was wondering what type of fans, AF or SP, to put on the front panel?

Current fan setup is:

Front Intake 2x140mm

Rear Exhaust: 1x140mm

Top Exhaust: 2x140mm through Kraken X61

I believe the stock fans are AF fans, but I wasn't sure since there's a dust filter if a SP fan would be better. Any recommendations? Forgive me for I'm a novice on fans.

What you have on the front is essentially 2 AF140's. but without the rubber corners and colored rings. You certainly can update the appearance, but there won't be any cooling change. My preference would be for those AF140's in front, unless you have some HDDs blocking the intake or a M.2 drive near there that benefits from focused cooling. Even then, using the 2x120 on the bottom could also aid with this. The rear fan is likely the same as the front. Rear unobstructed exhaust is a good candidate for the AF140, thin, 9-11 blade style.

If you could only upgrade one set of fans, my first pick would be for the stock fans from the Kraken. They are not terrible, but is likely the upgrade that would be the most noticeable in terms of performance and noise. The SP140 LED series could be used if powered from the motherboard, but the natural fit would be something from the PWM ML140 series. Plenty of power, quiet at slow speed, non-dimming LEDs or jet black. There are some other choices out there, but if you currently use the Kraken pump for control, you will want PWM fans to continue to do so.

i replaced all mine with ML140 fans, love the pwm control and higher static pressure they provide. they plenty of air and with the magnetic bearing and 400-2300 rpm pwm control they can be very quite while moving that air. they are also great for that rad on your kraken, with 4mm of pressure they really get the air through, my stock sp140's on my rad were quite whiny and didnt seem to get as much air through, after the change with a 4.6 OC i was able to drop my cpu temps 3-4c with less noise.

Archived