Corsair Community

M95 Mouse Button Getting Stuck

I have only had this mouse for a week, not even, and one of the side buttons is getting stuck on a macro. Im not sure why. The button itself doesnt seem stuck, but the only way i know how to fix it is by restarting the computer.

Any help?

Hi,

I have a M95 and I am fairly sure that resetting the computer would not fix a physically stuck key. So the good news is the most likely culprit is a software issue. So that's good in terms of your hardware.

The best first step is to check all your driver versions are up to date latest versions. If your using non RGB drivers you don't need CUE at all. So make sure you have the correct drivers.

The standard MS mouse driver has a button down event followed by a button up event. I am guessing that the mouse button down is activating and doing something that causes the driver to miss, might be even a crash, the button up event.

So either the drivers are not surviving the thing that you are telling it to do or your drivers are old/wrong.

I have had my M95 and K95 for over two years and the M95 is near perfection. With the exception of the K95 LEDs dying just after my RMA date ran out. I guess eventually when a few more go adieus I will by some new ones. Did they have to put some many screws in it tho.

I have only had this mouse for a week, not even, and one of the side buttons is getting stuck on a macro. Im not sure why. The button itself doesnt seem stuck, but the only way i know how to fix it is by restarting the computer.

Any help?

There are two ways to define a keystroke / click event in a macro.

One method, which is done by macro recording, is to have separate key down and key up events. The other method, which can be done by macro editting or inserting macro actions, is to have a single macro entry for the keystroke/click.

The second way is the safe, effective, and efficient method for execution, but people typically have their macros done the first way, as the macro recorder inserts the separate press and release events.

The reason that there are two ways to define these actions in a macro is that there are cases (e.g. having a key act as a mode/profile switch while held down) where a macro needs to have ONLY the key or mouse button DOWN event, and a separate macro would then release the key from being stuck down by giving the key or mouse button UP event.

I strongly urge all macro writers to use the keystroke and click events except for those cases where there is a need for having separate press and release events.

If you double-check your macro, and edit it as I suggest, you will greatly reduce chances of having a macro cause a mouse or button to act "stuck", whereupon one would need to reboot in "safe mode" or otherwise disable CUE in order to have the computer not see a key or button being pressed and never released.

Archived