Corsair Community

help with 2GB memory on A8N

w_777

Asus A8N-sli owner looking for new memory...I want 2 GB , but overclocking not a must...

If i get 2GB 2x (Twinx1024-4400c25 DDR550) what is the correct memory settings for my bios?

Is it a good idea to overclock with this memory in a 2GB config?or theres a better one...

tyvm for helping me :cool:

• Corsair Employees
For 2 gig of memory I would suggest you use Twinx2048-3200C2 for best performance. And I would not suggest running 4 modules at 250 Mhz or higher. There is more loading on the memory controller and the system may not be stable.

• 1 month later...
For 2 gig of memory I would suggest you use Twinx2048-3200C2 for best performance. And I would not suggest running 4 modules at 250 Mhz or higher. There is more loading on the memory controller and the system may not be stable.

So one of TWINX2048-3200C2 (2x1GB) would yield better performance than two of TWINX1024-3200XL (4x512MB) in A8N-SLI Deluxe? What latency would the XL run at (4 modules) vs the C2 (2 modules)?

I posted earlier regarding a Gigabyte K8NS Ultra 939 with two of VS1GBKIT400 not running at 200 mhz memory clock; will either of TWINX configurations here run at 200mhz memory clock?

What other considerations should I be aware of with respect to the choice between running 2 GB with 2 or 4 modules?

Thank you.

Archived