Corsair Community

H110i GTX Revving issue

k2Rob

First time posting here so hi all.

So I've got an issue with my h110i. When the cpu heats up the fans on the rad kick up but they don't stay at a constant speed, they'll rev up and down. Right now the system is idling with with the quiet profile and I can still hear the fans revving up and down.

I've noticed this whilst stress testing with Aida/Realbench or when I'm just playing GTA. It doesn't seem to matter which profile I use in Corsair Link, I've even created my profile own to no avail. If I close link the fans stop revving.

If I set the fans to a percentage in link, they'll still rev up and down.

Here's a screenshot of link with the fans set to max, the speed does not stay fixed.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

http://i.imgur.com/rq6mpJY.png

Yes, there should not be any revving up and down when set to coolant temperature (H110iGTX Temp Group). The coolant is a slow to change variable. This suggests the fan controller in the unit is having some difficulties. Also, the max speed reached in your graph is above the usual threshold. Whether this is symptomatic of a controller failing or something else, I am not sure. I would start a Tech Support ticket and see what they say. This is the first step in starting an RMA if necessary.

Before doing so, make sure you fully exit out of any of any other control programs, like AI Suite, if you are running them in conjunction with Link. It would not be the first time that type of program has caused a conflict or skewed data. It is also interesting the issue stops when you close Link.

Yes, there should not be any revving up and down when set to coolant temperature (H110iGTX Temp Group). The coolant is a slow to change variable. This suggests the fan controller in the unit is having some difficulties. Also, the max speed reached in your graph is above the usual threshold. Whether this is symptomatic of a controller failing or something else, I am not sure. I would start a Tech Support ticket and see what they say. This is the first step in starting an RMA if necessary.

Before doing so, make sure you fully exit out of any of any other control programs, like AI Suite, if you are running them in conjunction with Link. It would not be the first time that type of program has caused a conflict or skewed data. It is also interesting the issue stops when you close Link.

Hi c-attack, thanks for your reply.

On startup things seem well, there's no revving and link seems to be fine.

The second I launch Aida64 or HWinfo64 the revving begins, when I close them it stops. Certain programs seem to have an effect which I find to be weird..

Even 20 minutes in to GTA the revving started and no monitoring software was open at the time. I had GTA open for an hour earlier today and had no issues though. This is the first time I've encountered something like this.

The second I launch Aida64 or HWinfo64 the revving begins, when I close them it stops.

This is a known effect with the H110iGTX + H100iGTX + H80iGT that we managed to make go away for the H115i + H100iV2 + H80iV2.

I posted http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=864594 about this and if you ask on the AIDA64 and HWiNFO they should confirm this.

This is a known effect with the H110iGTX + H100iGTX + H80iGT that we managed to make go away for the H115i + H100iV2 + H80iV2.

I posted http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=864594 about this and if you ask on the AIDA64 and HWiNFO they should confirm this.

Many thanks for your reply.

I hadn't come across that thread before. I'll just use Realbench or OCCT from now on.

Archived