Corsair Community

K95 RGB Platinum Ping issues Anyone else?

nyxagamemnon

So I have a K95 RGB Platinum Gunmetal, and most of the keyboard is good except for where the enter,backspace/right control key area. It PINGS massivley I'm talking about a resonance that is insane. I've ordered another one to replace it but is there any hope of it going away or I should just return it and exchange it?

I mean the resonance is like "DING DING DING DING DING DING every time I press the effected keys driving me nuts. It sounds like someone taking a hammer to a metal cylinder. It resonates across the whole keyboard. It's dampened somewhat by my mouse pad but if i press the keys just by holding the keyboard no dampening it's 10x worse.

Other than this the keyboard's quality is second to none.

That's probably spring resonance coming from inside the switch. Just know, it's considered "normal" although I do think it should be considered a defect since all it requires is a tiny bit of lube on the springs or simply rotating the spring fixes it in most cases.

Corsair will still RMA it for you but just know there's no guarantee your replacement keyboard with be any better or it could even be worse off.

Archived