Corsair Community

M95 programmable keys stopped working on Creators Edition

elmojo

M95 and K95 programmable keys stopped working after Windows 10 Creators Edition update. All attempts to set programmable buttons fail and are totally lost between running the configuration programming. I am using the K95 and M95 non RGB drivers and not CUE. Any way to fix this problem as it seems to be related to reading/writing configuration settings.

I have just tried changing compatibility settings and running as admin. It had no effect. I have now noticed that all the settings for the M95 and K95 are not being written. I have uninstalled and reinstalled numerous times. As no other applications are exhibiting anything similar, it seems that there is no way of configuring anything if mainframe.exe can't store and/or retrieve the settings. Even the DPI settings are not stored they just go to defaults. Has no one else got this problem. If not I am at a loss to find what is wrong as the Corsair M95 and K95 configuration program does not seem to report any errors and nothing in the Admin. logs that are related.

Does anyone know where the configuration is stored?

I have just tried changing compatibility settings and running as admin. It had no effect. I have now noticed that all the settings for the M95 and K95 are not being written. I have uninstalled and reinstalled numerous times. As no other applications are exhibiting anything similar, it seems that there is no way of configuring anything if mainframe.exe can't store and/or retrieve the settings. Even the DPI settings are not stored they just go to defaults. Has no one else got this problem. If not I am at a loss to find what is wrong as the Corsair M95 and K95 configuration program does not seem to report any errors and nothing in the Admin. logs that are related.

Does anyone know where the configuration is stored?

Well done! It was not running. Instant success once clicked on. I have checked the start up and registry but can't find an entry for the HID driver m95hid.exe so I will try to reinstall again and see if I can get it to start automatically. I will get back with the results!

I reinstalled the M95 and K95 drivers and found the entries in the registry. Both are located at the locations pointed to in the registry. The problem is now that the M95 and K95 hid drivers don't start at boot up and there is no obvious log errors as to what failed. As both drivers start manually (me clicking on them) it seems that something at start up is different.

M95 and K95 programmable keys stopped working after Windows 10 Creators Edition update. All attempts to set programmable buttons fail and are totally lost between running the configuration programming. I am using the K95 and M95 non RGB drivers and not CUE. Any way to fix this problem as it seems to be related to reading/writing configuration settings.

You are saying the software CUE is not installed, what do you expect???

@toasted

I found an old discussion you were involved in previously and I have tried a batch file successfully.

@echo off

start /d "C:\Program Files (x86)\Corsair\M95 Mouse\" m95hid.exe

start /d "C:\Program Files (x86)\Corsair\M95 Mouse\" mainframe.exe

@echo on

I am not sure if I will kill m95hid.exe after execution or leave it. It is all loaded and running. Both K95 and Duke seem to be running. However, not until I give em a kick by manually click on them do they spring into life. So the batch file works for now. I am still curious as to what has changed to cause this. I am writing a Windows driver now so I would expect to see something in the Debug at a later stage. But nothing is been reported with my current driver environment. But the change in behaviour occurred after the Creators update. I am guessing that something in the windows start up is significantly different.

I have fixed the start up of m95hid.exe and k95hid.exe. Once you know what your dealing with in this particular case the fix is easy. Simply going into Settings - Update & security - Recovery. Then select Restart Now. This will take you to start up options from there you will need to select Start Up repair. It might take several attempts before everything gets re-organised. After this all the start up problems were solved. Why these two drivers were not processed correctly by the Creators update is still a bit of a mystery. I have re enabled fast boot and everything is working as it was.

Archived