Corsair Community

Cmx512-3200ll

I just purchased a TWINX1024-3200LL pack (2 CMX512-3200LL DDRs) to add two my system which already included another TWINX1024-3200LL set to up the capacity to 2 Gig. When I installed the new pair my system continually blue screens and reboots. If I take out the old ones and leave the new ones I do not get the reboot issue. I have the following configuration:

WIndows XP Professional with all SPs and WIndows Updates Components

ASUS P4C800-E Deluxe (Latest firmware)

Intel Pentium 4 3.2Ghz 512K L2 Cache 800Mhz FSB

4 CMX512-3200LL DDRs (Hopefully 4 but stable with 2)

2 Seagate Barracuda 160GB Serial ATA Drives

Creative Soundblaster Audigy 2 6.1

ATI Radeon 9800 XT 256MB

I tried with default settings and with the settings listed in:

http://www.houseofhelp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34182

Please help!

Thanks,

Frank

• Corsair Employees
If you have two different revisions of memory modules; then please try the following settings of 2.5/3/3/7, and with a 2.85 voltage on it. Then please test it again with Memtest, and let us know the result!

I've done some testing. I took out the new pair and used memtest with the BIOS default settings. Everything seemed ok. I took out the old pair and placed the new pair in the same slots. Now I received errors using memtest. I have a feeling I may have a bad batch.

I also placed both pairs in at the same time with the other specs you supplied just to se the result and I blue screened.

Please let me know what's next.

Thanks,

Frank

• Corsair Employees

Please make sure that you have the latest BIOS for your MB and load Setup/optimized default settings, and try the following BIOS settings;

TwinX1024 or TwinX512-3200LL

Advanced/Jumper Free

AI over clocking: Manual

CPU Freq: 200

DRAM Clock: 400 MHz

Memory or Dim Reference voltage: 2.85 Volts

System performance: AUTO

AGP Voltage: Default *unless you have ATI (9200 or 9600) or NVIDIA (5200 or 5700) then 1.6 Volts suggested!*

Advanced/Chipset

Configure Dram timing by SPD: Disabled/User define

SDRAM CAS Latency: 2T

SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 3T

SDRAM Row Precharge (tRP): 2T

SDRAM Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 6T

SDRAM Burst Length: 8

Performance Acceleration Mode: Auto

USB Legacy Support: Disabled

All other settings should be set to default settings!

Then please test them one at a time with http://www.memtest.org and let’s make sure it's not some other issue! I would run the test for at least 2-3 passes to be sure!

Here is what I did.

Ran the test with the existing pair. All passed.

Ran the test with the new pair in the same slot i tested the old pair. I received at ton of errors.

Ran each new memory chip independently. One passed all, the other failed. I think we have a bad memory chip. I have repackaged the new pair for RMA. Please let me know what I need to do now.

Thanks,

Frank

Archived