Corsair Community

A little PO'd, WHERE IS THE D#$N GPU/NORTHBRIDGE/HDD COOLERS??? THIS IS WEAK CORSAIR!

HydroCOOLED

Hi all, My birthday was yesterday and I collected enough dough to go out and grab a HYDROCOOL 200. Here is my problem, I was all jazzed and pumped when I got the kit home and was seriously let down only to see that this kit only cools the CPU!!! I have seen some others posts in here regarding developing new coolers, but this is weak. I am seriously thinking about returning this product and grabbing the KOOLANCE EXOS. IF SOMEONE FROM CORSAIR CAN CONFIRM THAT A GPU/HDD/NORTHBRIDGE COOLER IS COMING OUT VERY, VERY SOON, I WILL KEEP THE PRODUCT, IF NOT, FORGET IT. I love Corsair memory but this is weak, and now I am hearing rumors about a HYDROCOOL 2! You guys better step it up or KOOLANCE's supposed inferior products are going to kick your guy's arses! Anyone got any reassuring news from the horse's mouth?

• Corsair Employees
We are sorry that you are not happy with us, but we have not misled anyone by advertising that we ship the unit with GPU/Northbridge water blocks. We are testing prototype units at this time and should have more solid info on release dates with in the next 30-60 days. We do not have any plans at this time to produce a HDD cooler. We are working to finalize our GPU/Northbridge water blocks to what we feel will be the best product. I realize that with out a timeframe it will be hard to wait for our specific product. If you can not wait, you can always use a 3rd party product with the Hydrocool unit. The Hydrocool 2 rumors are just that, rumors at this point in time. We are working to support those of you that have the original with the concerns that you have voiced. Cool Guy

• 4 weeks later...
Hello for everybody! :) My HC200 supposed to be here on the next week. Reading your answer I'm a bit confused: you said Corsair will release a GPU and/or NB mounting stuff. It will be an additional product, right? Or a standalone one? Or both? Frankly, I spent $235 for this unit - and I'll be pretty upset if I can't upgrade later... I hope you guys, do take care about your customers and that PGU/NB/whatever block will be available as an additional/optiona;l units for my first watercooling, the 'cool' :D Corsair HydroCool200. :cool:

Those are posted earlier as being addons for the H200 and should be out shortly. Don't worry, they are primarily being tested for full compatability with the H200 and the H200 was designed to handle the load for these blocks once they were through development! ;):

Wow, such a fast reply! :cool: Thank you! Always good to see some 'veterans'... ;) Sorry, even though I consider myself as hardcore forum user (not here, of course), I forgot to check/browse around first. BTW, what do you expect: when these things will hit the shelves? And for how much? ;)

From what I've read from Cool Guy they are pretty much done, just waiting to fine tune the brackets to work with all the different brands of motherboards/Video cards out there. As far as price, I haven't seen any mention of what to expect that to be as of yet. This is one of many reasons why I browse this forum every chance I get to find out asap when they come available and to pick up some "Good Scoop". Hope this helps!!

• 3 weeks later...
Honestly, I have been using this little cooler for so long now. Takes most of the heat of the larger coolers and give my 9500 (soft modded of course) overclocked from 276 to 370 core (top of powerstrip's slider for my card.) [url]http://www.koolance.com/products/product.html?code=CHC-A05[/url] It says just for chipset, but they have another one that appears newer for gpu's specifically: [url]http://www.koolance.com/products/product.html?code=CHC-A09[/url] Now I don't work for them and I'm not trying to move sales away from corsair, but these work great with the hydrocool because they have the same size barbs and they're available now. Go out and have fun bodging it together. Cheers!

I would suggest instead fo Koolance go take a look at dangerden.com. If you do a search for dangerden you will find they are VERY well recognized by the water coolign community! I ordered a NB block from them and the trick is they do not list 1/4" on their website. BUT you can request it. They make excellent quality stuff! Bob

osm3um, Let us know when you get it how it turns out. As for me, I have a little patients left. Since winning my TwinX4000pro modules from entering one of RamGuys polls, my loyalty and patients have improved :D: Their H200 & Memory rocks so I am hoping to stay with a winning team. Also, the H200 NB and Video blocks are going to be 100% compatable with the H200 whereas one from another company may hamper the flow rates or may not receive enough flow rate for their design to operate at their optimum performance. Danger Den is a great company, don't get me wrong. I'd purchase components from them in a heart beat if I were building a water cooling system from scratch:cool:

Sorry I guess I wasn't clear.....I DID order the NB block and I have installed it. Works fine, although a NB block is questionable as to necessity...I have nt ordered a graphic cooler but figure I will someday...first I need to get a decent card. In my mind the H200 is an excellent option since it uses a Bosch pump, is external (never know what cases will look like in a couple of years) etc. BOb

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived