Corsair Community

Corsair H100i v2 mounting issue

necrodude

I got a Corsair H100i v2 as a gift recently and noticed a problem when I was mounting it. The screws seem to long to mount the fans. When I mount the fans to the radiator, the screws dig into this metal bracket under the screw hole and bend it. The pictures are of the small screws but the long screws do it even worse. Even with the included washers it still does it. I contacted corsair but for some reason they just won't answer the question. Is this a problem anyone else has?

20170419_153830.thumb.jpg.3a89db4ced8fe117c02288951879e3ee.jpg

20170419_153500.thumb.jpg.aae42de0861ad63e37b3c39560963c19.jpg

I think there is a point where you need to stop screwing either the radiator screws in or the fan screws. I'm assuming that metal bracket is to protect the radiator from the screws. I've noticed it as well with my setup. I mean would you rather bend the radiator or the bracket? The fans do fit from the front intake push position mounted to the radiator. That's how i have mine setup.

Well if I didn't screw the screws in all the way like I have it, the fans would be loose and rattle around. I mean if it's normal then I guess I can deal with it. I was just getting nowhere with corsair support about it, so I came here. I had a first gen corsair h80 before this and never had an issue mounting it.

I had the same issue and wound up with the fans in a push config (wanted a pull instead) between the front of the case (S340 Elite) and the radiator. Eventually I'll pull one screw out and head over to the hardware store and get some slightly shorter. Or just cut these ones down slightly.

Archived