Corsair Community

These Keyboards look nice but are terrible

madcap123

A cheapppppo keyboard wowuld work better.

That's what it's like typiing on this thing.

Even the new K70lux has ended up with keys constantly double registering within the first month of use. This is after I RMA'd the last keyboard for similar problem. Do I fork out more money to keep sending these defective units back, or just cut my losses and buy a keyboard that can actually be typed on without having to correct the keyboards mistakes?

At wwhat point do people just give up?

A cheapppppo keyboard wowuld work better.

That's what it's like typiing on this thing.

Even the new K70lux has ended up with keys constantly double registering within the first month of use. This is after I RMA'd the last keyboard for similar problem. Do I fork out more money to keep sending these defective units back, or just cut my losses and buy a keyboard that can actually be typed on without having to correct the keyboards mistakes?

At wwhat point do people just give up?

Membrane keyboards are much more resistant to dirt and even liquids than mechanical keyboards.

Corsair uses the very well respected "Cherry" brand switches, and many people find these switches very pleasant and useful. YMMV

The keyboard is around a month old and is clean and dry, and looks fine. I'm a programmer who also likes gaming, and after a couple of weeks of programming the keys have started playing up, starting wwith the 'w' key. It would appear that these very well respected cherry keys cannot handle a couple of weeks of constant use. Maybe if I just look at it and limit its use to games, because it's clearly too sensitive and temperamental for wwork. Pity, because I like the loose feel of a mechanical when compared to membrane.I've turned the freq down to minimum and although some keys still play upp it seems a little less broken, but still broken.

I'm glad you two haven't had any problems, but this doesn't miraculously mean I am imagining these key repeats.

Archived