Corsair Community

Update for rysen 7 1700x ?

pstlouis10

i have found, that if i launch the latest 64bit version of cpuid HWMonitor, then launch CL4, my asus b350m-a reports temperatures correctly.

When I read this I felt it rather unlikely from what I know about how the CPUID SDK is implemented, so I checked and even when I start HWM 1.31.0 first CL 4.6.0.86 still fails the report the AMD Ryzen 7 CPU Root Complex temperature ("core" temperature).

1. I did as you specified and as I expected it makes no difference at all.
  2. HWM also fails to apply the -20°C offset, see http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/amd-ryzen-7-have-a-temperature-20-degree-c-reporting-offset.html.
  3. The 45°C below is reported by the motherboard and not by the AMD Ryzen 7 CPU Root Complex.
  4. CL4 is not using the Global\Access_PCI named mutant (mutex) which it should use to interlock access to the CPU Root Complex PCI registers.
  5. Members who specify latest version should be banned :mad:
  6. They may think it's the latest version, but it may well not be.
  7. Stop being silly :bigeyes:
  8. Note I was using the 1.1.5.5 CPUID SDK and the 1.1.5.4 that comes with CL 4.6.0.86 will totally fail to report any temperatures.

attachment.php?attachmentid=28612&stc=1&d=1492506783

RAS.thumb.png.7aea1aa297acf8c7a5d5a31e20815e5e.png

ray, maybe i should expand on this ...

i am seeing the offset shown in HWM, under the TMPIN0, but not under Package. caveat - my BIOS is 0604. have you updated yours yet?

without loading HWM first, i see nothing in CL4 under the motherboard ...

ray, maybe i should expand on this ...

Specify the version numbers and post screen shots :asskick:

Unless you do this even more time could be wasted :mad:.

Either way this is nothing to do with reporting the Ryzen reported temperature which is what pstlouis10 is asking about :confused:.

Archived