Corsair Community

CMX512-3200C2PT Failing Memtest x86 tests like crazy.

I've had this particular module installed for almost a couple of years, and last week I started having weird program errors and unexpected system shutdowns. Loaded up the latest version of UBCD and ran Memtest. Hundreds of errors filled the screen almost imediately. Purchased a new matched pair of DIMMS, and problem solved. Just looking to get a replacement for this one that went bad...

Thanks...

• Corsair Employees
First of all, you can not send the RMA request without the proper authorization; the POST ID# is there but it will not be honored. Secondly, by giving me this kind of information on your RAM; how would anyone know if it is really a memory problem and not just some settings? So can you tell me the make and model of MB you have along with the CPU speed and it’s FSB as well? In addition, please tell me the bios settings you have set for both CPU and memory and any performance settings that you may have set?

I am a customer. I have no idea what your company's policy is toward it's customers, but I'm sure it doesn't include a section on how to berate them.

I've already called and spoken to a representative by phone, recieved my required ticket number, and am happily awaiting an RMA number.

And now on to a completely different subject.

I have an ASUS A7N8X Deluxe MoBo. 1st generation.

Performance is set to Agressive.

My CPU is an AMD Athlon XP 2600+ 333Mhz FSB

I have made no changes to my configuration since replacing this module with the new "working" module.

I tested the "bad" module in all slots, and it failed the same tests in each.

I tested the "working" module in all slots, and it passed all tests in each.

This is not my first time around the block, but it is, however, the last time that I personaly, or my company will purchase your "superior" products that carry a lifetime warranty. Why? Because your warranty department sucks ***....

Go Mushkin...!

First of all, you can not send the RMA request without the proper authorization; the POST ID# is there but it will not be honored. Secondly, by giving me this kind of information on your RAM; how would anyone know if it is really a memory problem and not just some settings? So can you tell me the make and model of MB you have along with the CPU speed and it’s FSB as well? In addition, please tell me the bios settings you have set for both CPU and memory and any performance settings that you may have set?

I believe he asked you for your T/S steps because there was not enough evidence from your first post to warranty an RMA approval via the boards. As for the statement about the Post ID, per the RMA info link in Ram Guy's sig (I Think I Have a Bad Part. What Do I Do?), "This request needs to have evidence of your contact with technical support" and while it does state the Post ID is one form of this evidence, I believe it was assumed to be meant that a response and approval was needed with that Post ID. I'll suggest to Ram Guy though that that point is clarified however, as its meaning can be misunderstood.

As for the Warranty Dept, sounds like you got an RMA with no problems, so I fail to see how they did wrong. As for your last statement, it's rare that someone in a position to sway the purchasing choices of a company speaks with that "perceived" tone, so that statement can be taken multiple ways. Discussing it however is getting off-topic, so I'll get back on-topic by stating the following info for you to help you out (copied from the afforementioned link):

Q: OK, I've submitted the RMA form and received an RMA number. Where do I send the part?

A: Make sure the RMA number is clearly marked on the outside of the package and send it to the following address:

Corsair Memory

Attn: Returns

44141 S. Grimmer Blvd.

Fremont, CA 94538

Q: Once I have sent the part, when should I receive it (or the replacement part) back?

A: Replacement will be sent via 3-day shipping method. It will be processed by Corsair within 72 hours of when we receive it (usually sooner), or you will be contacted.

• Corsair Employees
Well I think some things were taken and or stated not politically correct. So I would apologize if you were offended by our statements. That was not the intent, and I do apologize if you were offended. In most cases the issues are usually a setting problem, and that is why we have asked. Certainly we would not refuse anyone’s request for an RMA as you have found. At any rate, please let us know if you have any problems or questions and we will be happy to help you.

Archived