Corsair Community

Does the liquid cooler have any limit date?

VickTorR

I have the Corsair H80i, and I didn't use in my old PC since I finally didn't actually need it, but know I'm about to do one upgrade and since I have the Grapphite 780t now, I have enough space for the liquid cooler.

But the cooling thing has been stopped for 2 years, so my question is if I could still use it for the first time now or I need to buy a new one.

This should not matter, as long as the unit was not exposed to extreme cold (or heat) for length periods of time. Plenty of anti-corrosive elements inside. I would give it a once over to make sure everything still looks pristine and you could power it up before bolting down, just to give it a few minutes to run (skip the fans - just pump). Any abnormality in the pump would probably make itself known right away. The unit should also still be under warranty, so if you have the original receipt and there is a problem, you can get a new one.

based my experience with few AIO cooler

after few years the liquid cooling is evaporate small amount of it, even its pretty tight

sealed

you might hear the unit gurgling more often than before but other than that nothing changed

Archived