Corsair Community

Keyboard and mouse not functioning at login screen

victorb17

I tried searching for this, and I think I realize the problem which is that the CUE software has to be running before your settings in the scimitar and k95 work.

My problem is that when switching users / logging off / system startup, at the windows login screen the mouse is so fast it is basically unusable. I have to be extraordinarily precise in which to even click on the user to login. It is a rather small problem in the scheme of things.

I was under the understanding that the devices have onboard memory, so that as long as you have you device, you have your settings. I interpreted that as I could take the mouse to a friends PC and it will work the same (outside of obvious things like launching programs he may not have). What I think it actually means is that the friends PC also has to have CUE running, which makes the onboard memory, for me, worthless. I can't expect someone else to install something for me to use my mouse.

Am I understanding this correctly? Is there a solution to the login screen problem? Thanks.

The Scimitar RGB allows you to save 5 different DPI values, you can switch between them to make it slower when CUE is not running.

Maybe one of the values you have on the onboard memory is setup with an high DPI and it defaults to that?

Archived