Corsair Community

CUE - different things

ParAdoX83

Hello,

I just got my new K95 RGB keyboard and it's workin fine. However, as I tried to re-create my macro's (I had a G510 prior to this one) there are a few things that I find quite tiresome and which you might wanna think about changing.

1. Why do I need to create three profiles for each program (one profile for each M1-M2-M3)? Would be much better if I could use one profile for all three? There is no real need for that is there? I mean different lighting settings for each M1-M2-M3 set could be realized within the same profile.

2. Why does the CUE switch the profiles that I work with when I tab between programs to see if the macro's I just created work as intended? It's seriously super annoying (let me stress it: SUPER ANNOYING) having to go back to the correct profile over and over after tabbing out of the CUE after I tested a macro.

3. At the moment the program doesn't end a press-key-action if there is no proper release-key-command. It will keep on holding/pressing that key forever and ever even if you tab out and back in.

Example: For one of the games that I play I want the keyboard to start holding 2 keys (for a jumping sprint) at the same time for as long as I press it and then release it. However, that's not possible right now; as it will either instantly release the key, or if specify a wait time - which is already inconvenient because not all sprint-jumps need the same amount of time - will stop after that

However, what would be nice to happen would be, that the program auto-releases the key once you stopped holding the G-button.

4. It doesn't recognize *.bin files as executable program files (well can circumvent this but ya)

1. This was in CUE 1, But i think it was changed for ease of use.

2. Not 100% sure as i can't seem to reproduce your issue. Do you have other profiles linked to applications running in the background? Instead of alt tabbing try switching Window focus instead and see whether or not it changes the profile.

1. I got the latest version of CUE as far as I can tell (2.11.115). and I still need three profiles (one for each Mx-Profile)

2. I made a short video. You can see what I mean

[ame]

[/ame]

EDIT: Maybe you can see better on this one why it is so annoying:

[ame]

[/ame]

In your first video I see a .bin file linked to the profile, as far as I know CUE accepts only executable (.exe) files.

As for the second video, could the game have a launcher and different .exe file for the game? You might need to target a different executable.

What is the warning message at the bottom left hand corner? Is it related to the keyboard or is it just the CUE software update error?

.bin is currently not supported for profile switching.

You will want to double check the program path as some games have a secondary .exe that is actually the game and not the launcher. With the game running,

Open Task Manager, click the processes tab, find the game, right click it and click open file location. Make sure the profile is linked to that .exe.

Hello,

I just got my new K95 RGB keyboard and it's workin fine. However, as I tried to re-create my macro's (I had a G510 prior to this one) there are a few things that I find quite tiresome and which you might wanna think about changing.

1. Why do I need to create three profiles for each program (one profile for each M1-M2-M3)? Would be much better if I could use one profile for all three? There is no real need for that is there? I mean different lighting settings for each M1-M2-M3 set could be realized within the same profile.

2. Why does the CUE switch the profiles that I work with when I tab between programs to see if the macro's I just created work as intended? It's seriously super annoying (let me stress it: SUPER ANNOYING) having to go back to the correct profile over and over after tabbing out of the CUE after I tested a macro.

3. At the moment the program doesn't end a press-key-action if there is no proper release-key-command. It will keep on holding/pressing that key forever and ever even if you tab out and back in.

Example: For one of the games that I play I want the keyboard to start holding 2 keys (for a jumping sprint) at the same time for as long as I press it and then release it. However, that's not possible right now; as it will either instantly release the key, or if specify a wait time - which is already inconvenient because not all sprint-jumps need the same amount of time - will stop after that

However, what would be nice to happen would be, that the program auto-releases the key once you stopped holding the G-button.

4. It doesn't recognize *.bin files as executable program files (well can circumvent this but ya)

1. You only need to create one profile per program, unless you wish to implement functionality akin to CUE 1 modes. In CUE 2, each mode is a separate profile. CUE 2 lets you place each profile for a particular program into its own folder CUE folder, and CUE's folders can be exported as a single file.

2. CUE switches the profiles when you tab between programs, only if you have associated a profile to these programs -- this is, of course, how profile association is SUPPOSED to work. When debugging macros, I ensure that I swap between CUE and the program under test without going through intermediate programs via tabbing, by using the Windows-Tab keystroke, for example.

3. CUE macros allow three types of key actions: keystrokes, key presses, and key releases. Keystrokes send both a key press and a key release, and have no risk of having the key appear to be stuck, but need to be inserted individually, rather than as a recorded macro. CUE supports separate key press and key release events, because there is no other way to be able to write macros for multiple simultaneous keystrokes, such as CTRL/ALT/W -- each of the keys need to be pressed before any of them are released.

Archived