Corsair Community

K95 CUE 2.11.115 - light effects flickering

Hello,

like the title is telling, my lights are flickering realy awful when trying out some effects.

Some light even change the color even the aren't activated for this effect.

For example, when i'm doing a wave for the numpad, even the macrokeys are waving ...

I mean ... why? ...

best regards

madda

Are you talking about the original K95 RGB or the new K95 Platinum? Because the flicker issue is a known problem with the original K95 RGB if you have the 16,8m colors mode enabled. To avoid the flicker disable that option, or don't use effects that can cause flicker. There is no other way around since the LED controller in the original K95 RGB has some limitation (which they fixed with the new LED controller from the Strafe RGB keyboard onwards).

You can use the 16.8 million-color mode fine for static lighting, and some effects do NOT flicker, and certainly you bought the keyboard for the cherry switches and good build quality which are more important for a keyboard than lighting, anyway, right? ;-)

I like the K95 RGB myself for the 105-key rollover and the 18 programmable G keys.

I've used a variety of lighting profiles, since the keyboard does have all these color LEDs, and not found much trouble with flickering, although I do agree with you that it is not hard to find if you look for it.

• 2 weeks later...

before your f****n bad updates of what ever CUE should be all effects worked fine without flickering ...

My keyboard is older than the Platinum version ... the platinum version is the try of corsair to flaten out the errors CUE can't cure from the old hardware ... and other things ...

pf ...

before your f****n bad updates of what ever CUE should be all effects worked fine without flickering ...

My keyboard is older than the Platinum version ... the platinum version is the try of corsair to flaten out the errors CUE can't cure from the old hardware ... and other things ...

pf ...

lol,

not really, CUE 2.x is beta. and IMO it is almost not even that. CUE has a lot of issues and bugs to workout. it reminds me of Logitech's software when it was mostly new.

CUE as it stands has some really bad show stopper bugs. and this goes for any device including the K95 Plat.

Archived