Corsair Community

drive trays vibration of 330R, 300R, 270R

nordize

I was looking at the hdd trays of the 300R and 330R and notice that the pins have rubber insulating grommets, suggesting vibration absorption. However, the pictures are not clear whether a 3.5 drive mounted in the tray touches the plastic of the tray at all.

Can someone clarify if a 3.5 disk mounted in a drive tray touches the tray plastic at all for the 300R and 330R?

Cheers

p.s. The 100R seems to be plastic only, no rubber insulating grommets, correct?

I may contact corsair. All images I've seen actually look like the rubber is further back compared to the plastic ridge in between:

23-HDD-trays.jpg

It looks like a hard drive would touch the plastic. It would defeat the whole purpose of having rubber pads on the pins, though ...

I have a 330R and started a thread about the front USB ports not working.. power but no drive letters popping up.. not even seen as unmounted drives.. but to OP question.. I hear *something* occasionally that sounds like it might be a fan issue.. a ticking... I haven't tried to diagnose that yet.. but playing with max fan speeds has remedied it for the most part for now. So.. maybe it is drive tray vibration? dunno.

Archived