Corsair Community

Commander Mini - Dead Fan

Jtetenes

Are you using Corsair Link 4 or SIV software? I would recommend using the SIV software for troubleshooting but don't use both at once but SIV has a bit of a steep learning curve.

Are you using all 6 connectors? I had my 2nd port quit sensing fan speed which causes a dead fan on my first CLCC (commander mini, go figure). I was only using 4 fan sets so I was able to spare out to other connectors until I got a replacement. I went through 2 replacements until I figured out My AX1500i was crashing the replacement CLCCs.

It has been recommended on here that the CLCC be connected by itself to a SATA power cable. Also, connect its USB header by itself on a USB hub or make sure there are no slow USB devices on other ports on the same hub

I am not sure about the LED connector since it only supplies single color I use N*** H**+ instead (CLCC LED control is more like an LED strip with an attached remote). Corsair has a similar setup in their latest lighting node pro.

You will probably end up submitting a ticket to Corsair from what I am seeing. Have a digital uploadable form of your invoice or receipt handy to attach to the ticket.

Bob

I would recommend using the SIV software for troubleshooting but don't use both at once

This is incorrect and/or misleading :(:.

1. You can sensibly use both CL4 + SIV at the same time provided -AIOCTL is not specified.
  2. Using both at the same time when diagnosing an issue is suboptimal.
  3. If you are silly and use CL4 + SIV -AIOCTL at the same time this will sort of work, but as both will probably tell the fans to run at different speeds this is far from being sensible.
  4. By default SIV will not control CL hardware.
  5. With CL4 it's impossible to tell it not to control CL hardware :(:.

Are you using Corsair Link 4 or SIV software? I would recommend using the SIV software for troubleshooting but don't use both at once but SIV has a bit of a steep learning curve.

Are you using all 6 connectors? I had my 2nd port quit sensing fan speed which causes a dead fan on my first CLCC (commander mini, go figure). I was only using 4 fan sets so I was able to spare out to other connectors until I got a replacement. I went through 2 replacements until I figured out My AX1500i was crashing the replacement CLCCs.

It has been recommended on here that the CLCC be connected by itself to a SATA power cable. Also, connect its USB header by itself on a USB hub or make sure there are no slow USB devices on other ports on the same hub

I am not sure about the LED connector since it only supplies single color I use N*** H**+ instead (CLCC LED control is more like an LED strip with an attached remote). Corsair has a similar setup in their latest lighting node pro.

You will probably end up submitting a ticket to Corsair from what I am seeing. Have a digital uploadable form of your invoice or receipt handy to attach to the ticket.

Bob

Thanks for the response,

I am using all 6 connections, and Link 4 to monitor everything. I am going to submit a ticket for a RMA its only one month old.

Archived