Corsair Community

Showing incorrect LED colours.

aikicoops

Hi all,

There seems to be a lot of this going around where the leds are showing incorrect colours/keys being faded.

Has anyone found a fix for it yet?

After doing the latest updates automatically (which I had been holding off as I saw there had been issues with others that had done it) I had an issue where my whole keyboard was just flashing and then just shut off without able to do anything.

After contacting support we did a hard reset and now I can type with it BUT most of the keys are now showing the incorrect colours and/or are faded.

The gaming profiles I made are all over the place in some cases not only are the colours wrong, but some of the keys which are meant to be coloured are.

It was mentioned that there may be something else wrong with the keyboard that could be replaced under warranty.

However as it is 5 MONTHS out of warranty, and I quote "we will not be able to assist in replacing it. Our apologies for the inconvenience."

So either there is a firmware issue or something with the hard reset stuffed it as it was working perfectly fine until this all started.

I think it's poor form that 5 months out of warranty, having an issue that everyone can see on this forum isn't a one-off issue, to be told sorry can't help is disgraceful especially for a keyboard that is/was mean to be their premium product which I paid $220AUD for. If it was a $50 I would not care.

If it was a year over warranty then yes I could accept it. But not 5 months.

Not a good look Corsair.

20170323_081134.thumb.jpg.2d60e137aa6e53825024eecf40370c83.jpg

Which version of the firmware does CUE say your running? and did all of those lights go out of sync at once?

Out of warranty is out of warranty IDK what you expected. Apple won't replace your phone if it's a week out of warranty forget 5 months.

CUE Version 2.11.115

a) don't own Apple products as I don't think they are on par with other phone products.

2) So you would be happy if you had the K95 which is not a cheap keyboard, stuff up due their firmware upgrade, to just walk away and have to go and spend more $$$ on a new one?

I'm NOT.

Strange.

Do the colours revert to normal when CUE is closed? e.g. The default red-white layout or the saves static lighting profile.

-You can try a 'soft' firmware reset by;

Unplugging the keyboard, hold the ESC key down while plugging the keyboard back in.

-If that does not help, You could try clearing the EEPROM though i doubt it will help if a hard reset did not.

Unplug the keyboard, Hold down Page Up and Page Down while connecting the keyboard, The keyboard indicator lights will start flashing and CUE will prompt you to flash the firmware.

-Can you try the keyboard on another computer? Does it do the same?

Strange.

Do the colours revert to normal when CUE is closed? e.g. The default red-white layout or the saves static lighting profile.

-You can try a 'soft' firmware reset by;

Unplugging the keyboard, hold the ESC key down while plugging the keyboard back in.

-If that does not help, You could try clearing the EEPROM though i doubt it will help if a hard reset did not.

Unplug the keyboard, Hold down Page Up and Page Down while connecting the keyboard, The keyboard indicator lights will start flashing and CUE will prompt you to flash the firmware.

-Can you try the keyboard on another computer? Does it do the same?

Hi Toasted,

Yes, I tried all of that with Corsair support. Nothing worked which is why they originally suggested I get it replaced under warranty, however, it's not under warranty anymore so no dice there.

When CUE is closed it stays the same.

Yes, I tried it on my wife's and son's PCs. Still the same issue.

In the end, I have now given up on the K95 and went and purchased a Topre Realforce RGB Keyboard.

Let's see how this goes, seems nice at this stage.

Once there has been an update on the firmware for the K95 I might try and see if the will sort it out, but for now, i'm letting my frustration for Corsair go.

Cheers for all the help mate.

Coops

• 2 months later...

so yeah, i had a few keys discolored and they refused to change to the assigned colors. i also had the awkward key chattering problem where keys e,y,n,b,c,m and a few numbers would randomly hit 2x - 3x for no good reason.

OK so i fixed mine with a full sweep of resets. in the software i wiped all of the settings i changed *but not before exporting a backup*. then using a paperclip i pressed in the tiny reset button in the strange hole next to the switch by the cord. held it pressed for about 30 seconds while it was powered on. didn't even notice the lights were fixed at first but when i noticed the key chatter was gone i looked at the lights and was relieved! i was just about to request an RMA/Refund when i began wondering what that hole was for LOL! Hope this helps at least 1 person!

Archived