Kingmopar

Hello Ram Guy.......

Here is my system:

3200 AMD/64 Socket 754

DFI Lanparty Nvidia 250GB Motherboard

Samsung 7200/120Gig Serial ATA drive

9200SE ATI Card

AV-710 Chaintech Sound Card

(2x512) of 3200 Corsair Value Select(2.5)

Windows XPpro

Sony CDRW and Sony CDRohm

Antec Server Case with 430w PS

For the life of me, I can't get these 2 sticks of Corsair Value Select Memory to run at 200. System will not even boot with both sticks in there. If I drop the memory speed manually to 166 in the bios, system will post and run descent, but I know I'm not where this memory is supposed to run at(200). I've changed slots, everything I know of. Runs ok......but my memory should be at 200.....since it's 3200 Ram. 1 stick will run at 200 set in bios......drop in the second stick and all hell breaks loose--will not post at all. I have to manually drop the memory speed in the bios back down to 166 to get the system to run with both sticks. I can however get it to run at 200, with just 1 stick of the 3200 Value Select--2 sticks, forget it. I had the same issue with this ram in a GA-K8NS Pro MB from Gigabyte. I've tried moving the ram around to different slots, in both boards, without any luck. DFI has only the initial bios out that I can tell.......I upgraded the Gigabyte board to the latest F8 bios to no avail. After 2 MB's.......and having to declock the memory to 166 for the computer to post, with either board...IMHO, it's gotta be the memory. Once I leave it clocked to 166, it works......it's just not where it's supposed to be. I should have titled this post to "Pulling one's hair out"-

Putting the modules in slots 1/3 or 2/3 wouldn't work at 200. No post either. Right now...they are in slots 1/2, at 166 on the DFI board. Gonna try memtest today and see what shakes outta the wash.

Hey Ram Guy,

For a follow up, I ran Memtest86 on my modules. Seems 1 made it thru 4 passes without any errors, however stick 2 racked up 13 errors.

Test: 6

Pass:0

failing address: 000160684fc -432.5mb

Good: fffdffff

Bad: ffedffff

Err-Bits: 001000

Count: 13

Chan: 1

How do I get this stick/sticks replaced??

• Corsair Employees

Please make sure you have the latest BIOS installed for your MB and load optimized defaults settings, and try the following BIOS settings;

VS1GBKIT400 or VS512MB400

Genie BIOS/DRAM Configuration

DRAM Frequency Set: 2:1 or 400MHz or 200 (if option are 133/166/200)

Command Per Clock: 2T

SDRAM CAS Latency: 2.5T

SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 3T

SDRAM Row Precharge (tRP): 3T

SDRAM Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 8T

Genie BIOS

Clock Spread Spectrum: Enabled

CPU/DRAM ratio: 1:1 or 100%

DRAM Voltage 2.7/2.75 volts

AGP Voltage: Default *unless you have ATI 9200 or 9600 then 1.6 Volts suggested!*

All other settings are motherboards defaults

Then please test them one at a time with http://www.memtest.org and let’s make sure it's not some other issue! I would run the test for at least 2-3 passes to be sure!

• 2 weeks later...

Ram Guy,

I had already requested and gotten an RMA for the Value Select before you got around to giving me a hand-sorry. Suppose I'll have to upgrade the wife's computer now once that Ram gets back--I could not stand for my system to be down for a long period of time, so I went and picked up a kit of 1 gig(2x512) of XMS Extreme/3200DDR, figured it was a better grade than the Value Select anyway. Picked up at Newegg.

On boot up(1 stick)...memory timing came up to 3-3-3-8(T1)--wouldn't boot with both sticks in there, would not post. Can you help me set up these 2 sticks of this memory, in a DFI Lanparty NFIII-250MB/AMD Athlon64/3200?

Using your previous note as somewhat of a guide, to try...I set the Dram Freq to 200. Set Command Clock cycle to Enable(only has enable or disable) SDRAM CAS Latency to 2.5, TRCD to 3T, TRP to 3T and TRAS to 6. (Did some reading in this forum about the 3-3-3-8 default timing for this ram) I tried to set the Clock Spread Spectrum to Enabled, but I could NOT find any referenct to the CPU/DRAM ratio....now there is a CPU/FSB option, but I didn't see anything that relates to 1:1 timing or 100%--only x9, x10, etc. My quess because I couldn't find that and change it...even after a F10 save on the bios, it would still default the Clock Spread Spectrum back to Disabled. I kept the voltage to the SDRAM to 2.6, little worried about bumping voltages at the moment. Can ya check the manual a little closer to see what I actually need to set? CPU/DRAM setting has me confused.

I did however drop back the memory frequency to 166 instead of 200, and both sticks seem to do fine at 333 at the above settings/timings. I'd rather hear from you, before I take on any more "tweaking". I would like to think I could get both sticks of this new XMS to run at 200, instead of 333. Previously, I had one stick in slot 1 running at 200/2.5-3-3-6...can't seem to do it with 2 sticks in slot 1 and 2--not at 200 anyway. Motherboard is a revision A00-which is the latest revision for this particuliar board.

Thanks for your help Ram Guy..IT IS GREATLY APPRECIATED by us noobs. It says alot about your company!

Oh..the Corsair Part number for this Ram Kit is Twinx1024-3200C2PT. Looking again in the Genie bios, the only reference to anything related to the CPU/Dram Ratio are two options: LDT/FSB Frequency Ratio and CPU/FSB ratio. Again, nothing around 1:1 or 100% The options in the LDT/FSB frequency ratio range from x1, x1.5, x2.0, etc(Is this it?) and the options in the CPU/FSB is from x4.0 up to x20.

Again, any help appreciated...I don't want to be limited to 333 and don't want to tweak too much till I hear from ya.

Archived