Corsair Community

System Crashes a Compatability Issue?

DaRedeema

Im running a Abit SG-72 mother board and about 8 or so months ago i got a stick of some of that good XMS512 (CMX512-3200C2PT). Well it was awesome for a month, but then the computer started constantly crashing from memory errors. Programs are having to shut down from similar errors all the time. So i figured it was a bug in my system so i reinstalled Windows XP. After doing so i found the errors came right back and just in full force. So then i decided to swap out the stick of ram for a crappy 256 2700 that came w/ my pc when i built it a few years back. After a week of slowness my computer came to no errors at all... so my next step was to put it back in and tweak the settings in bios and i tried all i can (im A+ certified so i always know what im doing sometimes :p: ) and after all the tweaking that i could do the daggone thing still crashes on me. And them blue screens of doom in xp are more scarry than the 98 ones lol so.... um is it a compatability issue w/ the motherboard or is the stick of ram just bad? :confused:

And in case it helps, im running a P4, 2.4, 400fsb on a Abit SG-72 MB w/ a SiS 661 FX chipset

I used the search feature and found out that plenty of ppl are having the same problems as me when it comes to the CMX512-3200C2PT. Where as these problems are blue screens popping up within any time between 20min to hours of the pc being on. The screens say things like non_page_fault error, and bad system driver, and other things. Also many programs will have errors and need to shut down as well. I've searched and tried to apply the settings that you give other posters to the BIOS to fix this issue and yet the problems keep coming back and i have no idea why! so could you make that lil list for me so i can cross reference for my system and see if it helps.

Sys Specs: SG-72 Abit MB on SiS661FX chipset, ati 9200 gold 256ddr, audigy 2 platinum, 2.4Gig P4 at 400 FSB, and of course a single module of CMX512-3200C2PT

thank your for time.

i've searched the BIOS through and through and i cannot find a clean item that tells me about voltage settings. also i've tried contacted the phoenix ppls and i can't find anywhere to help me... so i don't know how to set the voltage. :confused: so a lil help here?

yea i looked in that section and all i see is stuff about ratios and this field called "cpu frequency" and its set to 200... when i click it shows me this "enter DEC number" 100-253... and this other option that says SPD with these ratios on it: 1:1, 3:4, 3:5, 1:2 and it shows the DRAM frequency at 200Mhz... and i've tried contacting the MB ppl and they said contact the BIOS ppl, and they have nothing about clock settings in all the manuals i've read and looked up.. so if anyone can help one confused brutha out... then yea ; \

• Corsair Employees

Best I can offer would be to replace the modules for you if you like. But can a friend maybe help you test the modules in another system?

Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

Archived