Corsair Community

Ram doesnt fit in AI7 Abit or ECS Mobo

unisonsports

I purchased some Corsair Value Select memory, 128pin DDR 512. These sticks do not fit into my Abit AI7 or my ECS 848p. Either im doing something wrong (which is probly the case) or both of my DIMMs are defective. It feels like the ram will not fit into the slot, i made sure it is facing the right direction, however, when i try to lower the little plastic clips to lock it in, they do not close all the way, and the ram will not stay locked in.

Please help me, before i break my ram and motherboard.

Unfotunately, sometimes this happens.

I thought I was going to break a stick or two or crack the MOBO.

Try laying the case on its side. If you can fit both hands inside that's even better.

Apply even downward pressure with your thumbs and use your finger to lock the clips.

Sometimes a "slight" rocking motion of the module may help ease it in.

Unfotunately, sometimes this happens.

I thought I was going to break a stick or two or crack the MOBO.

Try laying the case on its side. If you can fit both hands inside that's even better.

Apply even downward pressure with your thumbs and use your finger to lock the clips.

Sometimes a "slight" rocking motion of the module may help ease it in.

I tried that, but the ram wont go in any deeper unless i tilt it to one side, then it will lock on that side, but the other side will be raised too high to be locked, and the pins wont even touch. Should i just get new ram?

Archived