Corsair Community

BSOD probs with XMS3200

bsod_zippy

My m/board is a MSI Neo k8t with the latest bios and chip is AMD3000+. The problem I have is introducing another 512meg stick to the two existing sticks. All the mem is the same ie xms3200 pRO CAS2 ver4.1. The m/board says it supports this so whats the prob. TBH I think this is the last time I'll be using Corsair mem as it's a pain in the butt.

nope ...thought I had cracked it but no joy...still unstable even when the mem is cranked down to 333mhz in bios. Interesting thing is that I have been told on the MSI forum that this is a problem that is caused by magnetic field from the outer modules spiking the centre module! Does this sound right as I find it hard to believe.

I was wondering if its the addition of the third module that could be bringing the power down even though I'm running 450w p/supply.

Any thoughts

just found some links on the MSI forum and it would appear that the K8T chipset doesn't like running 3 dimms of D/S and there appears to be no cure other than to run 2x 1gig modules if you require more than 1gig of memory!!

It seems to be the luck of the draw as to wether the m/board will be stable or not.........ROCK ON MSI :mad:

Archived