Corsair Community

Problems running Corsair TWINX1024-3200C2PT on Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe

mattrogers

My system has been experiencing random restarts since I installed the new RAM 10 days ago. Here are my specs:

Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe Rev 2.xx (BIOS 1013)

Corsair TWINX1024-3200C2PT (2 matched modules of CMX512-3200C2PT for dual channel)

AMD Athlon XP 2400+ (2.00GHz, 133MHz external frequency)

I installed the RAM in slots 1 & 3 for dual channel operation as per the motherboard guide; I also tried slots 2 & 3 to no avail since I started having problems.

Tried the following BIOS settings:

default "optimal" settings

133MHz, 200MHz for memory frequency

2.6V, 2.7V, and 2.8V

"user" settings and input the recommended 2.5-3-3-6 settings

every permutation of the above settings

memtest results in 0 errors, but my system randomly hard reboots. I never experienced this problem prior to installing this RAM.

When I changed to 2.8V with "optimal" settings it lasted over 24 hours without rebooting, but just today it reset again.

Should I return my modules to my retailer before the 30 day RMA runs out?

I followed all of the suggestions in the link. My system ran fine for 72 hours; now I am experiencing system resets again. Should I return these modules or what? I am frustrated that I spent $200 on high quality RAM and am now suffering system instability.

• Corsair Employees

Please try and install the modules in slots 2-3 and then enter the bios setup and set the settings and see if that does not solve the problem.

CPU Freq: 133 MHz

System Performance: User define

Memory Frequency: 125%

Dim Voltage to 2.7 Volts

Resulting Frequency: 166MHz

SDRAM CAS Latency: 2.5T

SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 3T

SDRAM Row Precharge (tRP): 3T

SDRAM Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 6T

Did exactly that, still having system resets. Contacted Asus and they state it is not a compability issue with Corsair RAM. They also said I should have the memory modules replaced and that should solve the problem. If the new modules do not help, they said I can send the board with the RAM to them and they will run full diagnostics, but that will put my system out of commission for a few weeks at least, and it is unlikely to be the memory controller on the motherboard since it ran my cheap RAM without any problems. It looks as though I am going back to my super cheap bargain RAM because at least it runs stable. May I send these modules back RMA for replacement or am I out the $200?

• 3 weeks later...

I have the a7n8x-e mobo with the twinx1024-3200c2pt and an athlon xp 2500+ mobile. I can't get my fsb past 175 for some reason without crashing and restarts. This is my 2nd mobo of this model. I've followed the suggestions on this forum. I've tried 196 fsb, 200 fsb, even 180 isn't stable. Ram is at 6,3,3,2.5 and the ram is in slots 2 and 3. Any suggestions on how to make it work?

Edit/Delete Message

Archived