Corsair Community

Some Guidance on H100i issues

GrimmJaww

I have been having some issues with the Hydo Series H100i. The issue I have been having is no devices show up in the Corsair Link software. The current installed version is 4.5.0.55. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the software a few times and got no results.

I have attached a few screen shots of what I am seeing in hopes this will help. After doing some research online, I found a "fix" for Windows 10 that worked for Win 8/8.1. This registry edit did not change the state of the software. I am not seeing any device in Device Manager for the cooler either.

I have replaced the mini USB cable that plugs directly into the USB Header on the mother board. After replacing the cable, it still failed to show any devices. I then tried to plug into a different USB Header on the mother board and got no positive results. The fans spin and everything appears to function with no issues.

Devices.thumb.png.417b3460b298394ec32ec63c35bccdb0.png

Configure.thumb.png.7e6a656d404918b45b2d69c16b057b43.png

Home.thumb.png.7f6fcb71da3d3c339e1720810f8c7619.png

msinfo32.png.9c5f911c6d41b5bd688af1c9a9886973.png

I have seen this effect before when no devices are reported at all with one example being http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=888800.

Post the SIV [TCP Ports] panel to see if you get the same effect.

Also post the other SIV panels so we can check if the cooler is actually working.

The SIV initial + [uSB Bus] + [Link Devices] + [Link Status] + [Link Fans] panels allow the root cause of many hardware issues to be determined and resolved. If you need help with a CL hardware issue I recommend attaching these screen shots to your post using names such as [Link Devices].png. You should also ensure your PC Specs are up to date, specify the Windows Build number and confirm that Windows Device Manager is not reporting any issues.

Sorry it has taken me a while to respond. I just ordered a new H100iv2 with the same results. Even used a USB cord that plugged the pump into the external USB ports.

SIV64, I have downloaded now. I am not sure how to provide the information you have requested.

Sorry it has taken me a while to respond. I just ordered a new H100iv2 with the same results. Even used a USB cord that plugged the pump into the external USB ports.

As SIV reports the H100iV2 the cooler is working as it should, so it's a CL4 software issue. No fan speed is reported, are the fans connected to the H100iV2?

attachment.php?attachmentid=28212&stc=1&d=1489776762

On the left I can see the CL4 service is listing to the c-link port as it should be, but on the right the CL4 GUI is trying to connect to activate.adobe.com :eek:. I have no idea why it's doing this, have never seen this effect before, but expect this is the root cause of the issue. Press [show DNS] and post that panel.

If you type ping activate.adobe.com in a command window what get's reported? Same again for ping localhost.

1712861070_TCPPorts.thumb.png.951fd9ec67944dee811dfa6e4443d0b0.png

I can explain that. A friend had installed Adobe software a while ago(uninstalled already) and it edited the hosts file. I assume it was a "cracked" version. I have since corrected my hosts file.

Attach images of the ping and the new TCP Ports panel.

1385544650_TCPPortsN.thumb.png.3e8798e30e3095ff676a20a5a315a46d.png

ping.png.94624b7315cd51e38d98484897040089.png

A friend had installed Adobe software a while ago(uninstalled already) and it edited the hosts file.

What is now in the hosts file? ZIP and attach it.

If you type ping localhost in a command window what get's reported?

I am getting general failures on the ping to local host.

I have included a screen shot of the hosts file.

I used the following commands in attempt to resolve the issue with that.

netsh i i r r

netsh winsock reset

*reboot*

ipconfig /release

ipconfig /flushdns

ipconfig /renew

ping localhost

Still get the same failures.

1681738317_pinglocalhost.png.b9d1142a5c269e2b595fe7f61c2401a9.png

hosts.png.c233a8409891ddf6e48fc6748c3ee8fe.png

I have disabled the firewall and found that the issue no longer persists. We are all set. Thank you for your assistance @red-ray. I could not have done it without you pointing me in the correct direction.

Not sure if you would mind assisting me with one more item. It should be quick to address.

I now do not have any control over the fan speeds as I am using some 'Corsair Air Series SP120 120mm PWM High Performance Edition High Static Pressure Fan's' with the radiator. I noticed the connectors were three pin.

Can I not control the fan speed due to the connection differences? If so, will using the PWM fans with the connectors, will they run at full speed, half speed, etc?

I now do not have any control over the fan speeds as I am using some 'Corsair Air Series SP120 120mm PWM High Performance Edition High Static Pressure Fan's' with the radiator. I noticed the connectors were three pin.

Post a link to their specs.

If they have a 3-pin connector then they are not PWM fans. You need to use 4-pin PWM fans.

Sorry. The fans are the 4 pin PWM connectors and the Corsair H100iv2 uses 3 pin Connectors. I assume they are not compatible.

No it doesn't, it has a Y with two 4-pin sockets. Pin-3 is missing from one as only one fan speed can be reported by the H100iV2.

Post a link to their specs :asskick:

I had to physically modify the second connector of the Y as it was only a 3-pin. I am not sure what you mean by 'No it doesn't'.

However my fan speed only shows 0 RPM, this is why I inquire on this now that I can see the information.

Post a link to the fan specs :asskick:. No link -> no reply from me

Post a photo of the H100iV2 cables

Have you disabled fan control for the CPU_FAN header in the BIOS so the H100iV2 gets the constant +12 volts it needs?

Mine has a Y connector with a 4-pin(missing the 3rd pin as you said) and a 3 pin. The fan specs are in a screen shot and a link to the the exact product I got from Newegg that states it is a 4-pin PWM connection.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835181039

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835181103 - This is the product I got from Newegg

Will provide a picture of the connector type so you can see what I am referring too.

Okay, I am an idiot. 200% the Y cable has the 2 4-pin as you had stated. My apologies for the pushback.

I have did just barely disable the Q-Fan Control in the BIOS for the CPU Fan and now the fan speed shows and I can control them. Thank you for the assistance. You have provided superb service.

• 1 month later...
attachment.php?attachmentid=28645&stc=1&d=1492847096

I can see the CLink4Service has the C-Link port open, but the CL4 GUI should have connections to the C-Link port and it does not.

What happens when you do ping localhost and ping 127.0.0.1 in a command window?

Do you have any firewall software that could be blocking access to the C-Link (10801) port?

518841528_C-LinkPortisOpen.thumb.png.81e625afbb9fca78df2bdefdc06f81c6.png

I can see the CLink4Service has the C-Link port open, but the CL4 GUI should have connections to the C-Link port and it does not.

What happens when you do ping localhost and ping 127.0.0.1 in a command window?

Do you have any firewall software that could be blocking access to the C-Link (10801) port?

Here's the ping results. No firewall except windows 10 build in one.

pingwindow.thumb.png.e3b5cbb29c83e425799484f23517983e.png

Archived