Corsair Community

Air 240 GPU Compatability

MrSou

Right, this is my first thread, so apologies straight away.

I have the Corsair Carbide Air 240, and currently run an MSI GTX980Ti, I'm looking up upgrade to a 1080, and wanted to know whether the ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 STRIX Graphics Card will fit into the Air 240, I've looked online and keep seeing different measurements and opinions about whether it fits or not.

Any help is much appreciated.

Also, if you run a Strix 10 series card in the Air 240, please comment or leave an image!

Well that was a damn fast reply, I currently own the H60, which a 120mm AIO, I've considered upgrading to a H100i, but I want to make sure the GPU fits if the front of the case is not being used, because there is always other places to mount the rad.

Thank you for the help still!

Edit: I'm more worried about length way rather than width.

Yes, that is the problem. Skinny cards are long and the short cards are too fat. Small form factor builds can be a real pain sometimes.

You may be forced off your first brand choice. The licensed manufactures usually pick a form for the a model series (1080) and then use the same platform for all their versions. MSI and Asus are fat 10 series cards. Gigabyte and EVGA are skinnier. You might take a look at the new EVGA ICX 10 series. It is going to be about 111mm in width, but still only 10.5"/265mm. I think that is about as tidy as you can get on the open air models.

Here's the thing, I found a forum that said it would absolutely fit, according to pcpartpicker, it was compatible, a guy also said he runs a Strix 1080 in his 240 and it fits just fine, is it worth buying one to find out? Or should I maybe think about changing cases to fit the Strix 1080?

I guess that depends on how much you like the Strix versus something else. If you have cheap/easy return options, by all means. The logic of the above is based on the MSI card measuring 140mm and the 1080 Strix at 134mm. I don't see how it fits, but there is no "max GPU width" spec on the case, so this is not resolute fact.

• 1 year later...

Guys, I bought a 1070 but it is too long.

I am not happy with it, since I want to add a extra fan to have FAN/RAD/FAN in front with my h100i. And I only made it with 1 extra fan, having 3 fans on rad. (2 front / 1 back)

Anyone can maybe help me on this subject?

I dont care for FAT (wide)

Hi All, I have a Black and a White 240, the black one has the Corsair 100i and i fit the

MSI 290x Lightning in it - it was a little tricky but i got it in and out several times. It's a tight fit length wize and i had to find some low profile 8pin extenders so they didn't pressing against the top window. I love this case.,... I'm a windows up man...

the white 240 has the Asus 1080 Turbo with the NXTZ kracken 52 rad and it fit all around.

It amazing how tall the friggin 1080ti's are but that is the nature of the BEAST

Archived