Corsair Community

Default lights (No software)

Icytech

Good day

My RGB STRAFE has for some reason lost its default lighting which usually appears before the software loads.

Now when I turn my PC on the keyboard just looks lifeless until windows loads and the Corsair software loads.

Is there a specific way to get the default lighting back or possibly even have a permanent custom one that doesn't require the Corsair software to load.

Regards

Brent

Save the advanced lighting profile to the keyboard memory and that should resolve your issue.

http://bit.do/CUE2M

Alternatively, You can just reset the firmware which too should restore the default lighting. Unplug the keyboard, Hold the ESC key while connecting the keyboard back in.

The CUE2 unofficial manual incorrectly lists the keyboard supporting hardware profiles as "Scimitar Pro" and "K95 Platinum." The "K95 RGB Pro" can also save static lighting, which can be defined either in Advanced or Basic schemes. Attempting to store an Advanced lighting scheme which comprises strictly dynamic lighting effects will not make any effect when stored in the keyboard memory (which also stores performance settings, BTW).

Save the advanced lighting profile to the keyboard memory and that should resolve your issue.

http://bit.do/CUE2M

Alternatively, You can just reset the firmware which too should restore the default lighting. Unplug the keyboard, Hold the ESC key while connecting the keyboard back in.

Thanks, once I reset the firmware the way you suggested, saving a static colour configuration worked 100%

Regards

The CUE2 unofficial manual incorrectly lists the keyboard supporting hardware profiles as "Scimitar Pro" and "K95 Platinum." The "K95 RGB Pro" can also save static lighting' date=' which can be defined either in Advanced or Basic schemes. Attempting to store an Advanced lighting scheme which comprises strictly dynamic lighting effects will not make any effect when stored in the keyboard memory (which also stores performance settings, BTW).[/quote']

That is correct, I see no error? Only The new Scimitar RGB PRO and K95 Platinum support TRUE hardware profiles (with no CUE requirement for macro playback and lighting effects).

All the other CUE devices so far until now only support saving some static lighting (which comes from software profiles in CUE, they do work differently). Also I'm not aware of any K95 RGB PRO version, there is only the K95 RGB.

That is correct, I see no error? Only The new Scimitar RGB PRO and K95 Platinum support TRUE hardware profiles (with no CUE requirement for macro playback and lighting effects).

All the other CUE devices so far until now only support saving some static lighting (which comes from software profiles in CUE, they do work differently). Also I'm not aware of any K95 RGB PRO version, there is only the K95 RGB.

You are, of course, correct. (My eyes crossed to the M65 RGB PRO mouse.)

The K95 RGB, when used with CUE 2, may not support "TRUE" hardware profiles, but when documenting CUE 2, the unofficial manual appears to have omitted any documentation about its support with K95's device memory--it is this issue to which I wished to call attention.

I apologize for my lack of clarity. Thank you for your patience and understanding that many people have this fine K95 RGB keyboard, and if they look at the documentation provided, would not get the necesary familiarity with CUE 2 to fully take advantage of the available features.

attachment.php?attachmentid=28170&stc=1&d=1489393798

M3.thumb.png.9899819b528e8f31c619a06e0e844a0c.png

Archived