Corsair Community

H100i v2 stopped working

Wally43

I've had an h100i v2 in my pc since I built it in December of last year. It has worked great until today. I was playing some games on my pc and my pc stopped outputting video. I thought it was my gpu so I turned my PC back on and started playing again while keeping an eye on the gpu temps. The same thing happened however this time when I went to turn my PC back on I immediately noticed that the light on my pump wasn't on and a message came up saying that all previous overclock settings had failed and it was reset. So I booted up the pc and eventually the lights on the pump came on however I noticed that my temps were abnormally high. I removed the front panel of my pc and saw that the fans mounted to my radiator were no longer spinning. I turned my pc off and now whenever I turn it on the radiator fans do not spin and the pump lights do not come on. Idle temps are around 60c-70c and sometimes shooting up above 80c when first turning on (where before they were around 25c-35c) The cooler no longer shows up in corsair link. I am using a 6700k that was overclocked to 4.7ghz until it was rest back to 4ghz.

Go ahead and start the RMA here. In the meantime, your last chance would be to move the fan connectors back to the motherboard (CPU Fan) and then put the H100i v2 on another header set to 100%/PWW/12v/disabled or whatever language MSI uses for maximum. I suspect it is more than just the fan controller than has failed, but if the pump still works you might be able to use the PC in this condition while waiting on a replacement. You will need to open Link and take a look at what is going on -- both pump speed (if it is even recognized) and coolant temperature (H100i v2 Tem). Perhaps the change in header and reduction in current will help, but it is a long shot.

Archived