Corsair Community

Corsair + Topre = The perfect Keyboard

Goat1

I just got a Topre Realforce RGB. I also own a Razer Blackwidow Chroma TE and the original K70 RGB with Brown switches.

The Topre switch is hands down the best switch I've ever touched. Its an OMG feeling. The Cherry switches just feel cheap by comparison. The Razer green switches feel good, but the Topre are miles above both.

I'm writing this on the realforce keyboard. I'm telling you right now, if Corsair went to this switch, it would be hands down the switch of choice. I'm so impressed with this switch, I just had so say something to you guys. You can also switch the activation points on this keyboard on the fly. 1.5,2.2 or 3.0.

You add Corsairs Keyboard style and lighting with these Topre switches, it would be hands down the best keyboard on the market. I mean, it would separate them even more from the other brands. Just sayin. ;):

It is.. Its the smoothest switch I've ever felt. Its that good. If this Topre keyboard had Corsairs/Razers RGB app.. It would be the best keyboard on the market easily. This keyboard should be $169 vs the $249 that it is now.

Could be due to the cost of the switches. But its still worth it. Its as smooth and as quiet as a red with less travel and the tactile feedback of a blue. This switch is literally the best of both worlds.

I'm not able to compare them, but the Topre are really quiet. They are quieter than the browns. The Topre keyboard I'm typing on now is just incredible. Its too bad Corsair doesn't use these switches, they are much better than cherry IMO.

If Corsair used these switches and raised the price on their keyboards that used them, I can guarantee you, people would pay the premium after they tried it out. The keycaps are better also. Here's a link so you can see what this keyboard is all about.

Play the video and you can hear how these sound for yourself.

[ame]

[/ame]

What's funny, is I thought the same exact thing, but I couldn't help myself. It really is that good. And its not $300. Its $249 on Amazon. In fact, I have my Corsair K70 RGB up for sale and someone wants to buy it.

Its a shame that you can't really get blue cherry switches wit these Corsair Keyboards on a regular basis. If I was you, I'd just order one off Amazon, if you don't think its worth it, send it back.

I'd love to know what you think about the Topre switch. I just wish they had more robust software for the RGB lighting.

They are quieter than the browns.

I use BlackWidow 2013 Stealth version and I think it uses brown switches. Regarding the switches (brown) themselves they are really quiet, you almost can't hear them. The problem is bottoming-out and topping-out of the keycaps on this keyboard that makes my baby cry and my girlfriend shouting... So the Topre switch noise wasn't my greatest concern, it was the bottom-out, top-out on Realforce. How about that?

What's funny, is I thought the same exact thing, but I couldn't help myself. It really is that good. And its not $300. Its $249 on Amazon. In fact, I have my Corsair K70 RGB up for sale and someone wants to buy it.

Its a shame that you can't really get blue cherry switches wit these Corsair Keyboards on a regular basis. If I was you, I'd just order one off Amazon, if you don't think its worth it, send it back.

I'd love to know what you think about the Topre switch. I just wish they had more robust software for the RGB lighting.

Unfortunately, I'm in Canada. The stores that offer Topre are rare and sell them at a steep price. There is one place on Amazon.ca that sells one for 200$ but that "store" has no review and it's all new so I won't throw 200$ there without having any kind of review/warranty.

I'm so tempted to try one. The APC is absolutely delightful and I would use that to switch between gaming and typing.

Maybe when it will be easier to find one.

My rapidfire RGB is not as satisfying as I was expecting. The shorter travel distance on top of the stiffer/heavier weight of each key press make my fingers and hands feel constrained.

I'll give my rapidfire one last shot tonight and if I still don't like it, I'll swap it for a LUX RGB with reds.

I just sold my K70 RGB. I just felt a rapid fire keyboard the other day and honestly, the travel is too short. These Topre switches are worth every penny. They are the best of both worlds. I either have to sacrifice the Corsair lighting effects or the keys. Plus you can change the actuation point on this keyboard on the fly. Its really something to behold.

Archived