Corsair Community

Doubt about Spec Alpha frontal fans

bjorn89

Hi all,

I know that this topic has already been discussed, but I want just a little information that I can't find anywhere. I have the Spec Alpha case, and I already plug the sata power cable to the psu sata socket. So the frontal fans work, and the fan controller of the case works too. My question is: since in the manual is reported that also the 4 pin plug must be connected, but I connected only the sata power, is it dangerous for the case? Will the fans be ruined in any way? Why if I have to connect also the 4 pin plug it works?

Thanks!

ps: I didn't connect the plug because on the motherboard i have only 1 header and the case provide 2 plug ( I don't know if I've been clear xD)

Ok, I think I understand. The manual says that I have to connect the fan pin to the case header, but in my case they were ALREADY connected. Maybe this has confused me, so if I understand well:

1 - The sata power connector of the controller goes to a sata psu socket, and

2 - I DON'T need to connect the frontal fans on the motherboard, but I have to connect the fans pins to the controller header (that in my case were already connected).

Is this right? So I have connected everything right (e.g. as explained in this post)?

Thanks!

Archived