Corsair Community

Bind G-keys to Websites

Hello

I thought the g-keys would just be usable in games but it seems they are not recognized by the OS nor any game (ugh) and you need to work around it all...

Anyway, I then wanted to make the most of the situation (and my money) an,d figured I would bind them to open websites. But I don't see how to do this.. I see a launch web browser option but not a url one in the software...

I guess I could make *.bat files for each url and then link those to the g-key launch application function but that seems pretty workaround way of doing it... to be honest, the g-keys kinda let me down and that for a keyboard that I paid 160 euro for :=(

The G keys are there to be programmed by CUE' date=' and should produce keystrokes that would be usable by games; it is certainly recognized in Windows.[/quote']

That does not answer my question. I got the software.. how do I bind websites to buttons?

In theory I thought using the 'Launch Application' action linked to a website shortcut should work but it doesn't...

However you could use the 'Text' action and and just type the website address in there and use that key as a fast way to enter website address's in the address bar. Its a little longer than just opening the website but faster than opening the browser and selecting a favorite website.

• Corsair Employees
There isn't a way to open a browser and link to a URL as a single action. We can launch the default browser but once that command is set, there is no way to input the URL. Some people do create custom scripts as the browsing target which is a workaround.

Yea a little disappointed by this as well. I can run "chrome.exe gmail.com" from command prompt and it opens gmail. So I assumed using the launch program option would allow it to run "C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe gmail.com" but alas it does not. Remove the gmail.com part and it launches chrome.

Over site in the feature or nerfed for some lame reason?

edit: Got it figured out. Thought I might just make a batch file for it, and realized it's formatting that's the issue.

Using the launch program option I used this in the path and it worked to open gmail.com

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" gmail.com

edit: Got it figured out. Thought I might just make a batch file for it, and realized it's formatting that's the issue.

Using the launch program option I used this in the path and it worked to open gmail.com

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" gmail.com

Oh cool, works for Mozilla also.

Archived