Corsair Community

Corsair strafe RGB not working as expected?

I bought a Corsair keyboard Strafe RGB two days ago, i was happy when i connected and installed it but now im a little sad today.

I have set the keyboard to solid green color but when im turning of my computer it changes to red color on keyboard, and the next time i start the computer and get into windows its still solid red but the button i have change on the keyboard like mute, lower or higher the volume is not working, the CUE is not recognizing nor the CUE itself can detect the keyboard as Corsair, so then i have to delete drivers in windows system and reinstall CUE to get the keyboard to work again?

I dont know how it works but if i choice a color, say solid green, will the settings save inside the keyboard itself? or will it save only on the computer so its correct when im shuting down the computer the keyboard should change to solid red?

im running on windows 7 x64

is it any possible that Strafe rgb is not compatible with windows 7 x64?

• Corsair Employees

Hello and Welcome!

CUE needs to be running in order to retain your color settings for STRAFE. If you lock your screen or loading into windows, it will revert back to the red and white color until CUE has been loaded.

Try using another USB port if CUE is not detecting the keyboard.

I tried that now and still it dont work?

Any suggestion?

I tried another usb port and started computer again, same problem, CUE is not detecting the keyboard and CUE is in windows startup.

So if i remove drivers and reinstall it then it work again, dont know why, many customers having this problem with this keyboard?

Is there any keyboard from corsair like this but with some sort of memory inside for color and the settings for the buttons? then it could maybe be working even if its connected to another computer or if CUE would be uninstalled? That would be real amazing and possible to make i guess, if there is possible to flash the keyboard and i got the newest firmware, maybe if its possible to downgrade it and try a older version of CUE or if there is some sort of beta version i could try?

I mean i got a Mionix mouse and that mouse is saving the color settings inside the mouse itself so i dont need any software to tell the mouse to have green color when i reboot or shutdown and later start up the computer again. Okay different makers and companies but it would be better made something like the mouse.

Is there any keyboard from corsair like this but with some sort of memory inside for color and the settings for the buttons? then it could maybe be working even if its connected to another computer or if CUE would be uninstalled? That would be real amazing and possible to make i guess, if there is possible to flash the keyboard and i got the newest firmware, maybe if its possible to downgrade it and try a older version of CUE or if there is some sort of beta version i could try?

From the Corsair STRAFE keyboard web page:

MEMORY

• Onboard memory to take performance and lighting settings with you

The capability of onboard memory for lighting is a property of the hardware, and not of CUE--AFAIK, no CUE upgrade gave any Corsair device the capability to save lighting on the device where the capability didn't formerly exist.

From the Corsair STRAFE keyboard web page:

MEMORY

• Onboard memory to take performance and lighting settings with you

The capability of onboard memory for lighting is a property of the hardware, and not of CUE--AFAIK, no CUE upgrade gave any Corsair device the capability to save lighting on the device where the capability didn't formerly exist.

Ok but still its not getting detected as Corsair strafe after i reboot my computer, just ends up acting like a normal keyboard without the function of different color then red.

Weird. I have seen that when i restart my computer CUE wont recognize the Strafe RGB BUT if i go to lock the computer so i get to lock screen in windows 7 and then straight log in CUE will recognize the keyboard instantly and the settings is working. very strange :confused::confused::confused:

Upload the latest log generated by CUE as it may provide a reason why CUE is not listing your keyboard.

You can find this in %localappdata%\Corsair\CUE\logs

Are you in BIOS mode? (Indicated by a flashing scroll lock)

Make sure you have the latest USB chipset drivers installed, Windows update, etc.

Unless things have changed, a static lighting profile can be saved to the keyboard, You will need to create a lighting layer under advanced mode and save it to the keyboard. Layers created under standard mode will not save.

Archived