Corsair Community

Corsair Link still not updated to support Kaby Lake?

d3stro

I had answers from Corsair:

Criado por: Technical Support Rep (2/1/2017 2:45 PM)

Hello Denis,

We'll have our team look into this. Please look forward to the next update.

Is what was said about CL 4.3.0.154.

Momentan wird die Anzeige von Kaby Lake noch nicht unterstützt. Wir arbeiten an einer Lösung!

Currently Kaby Lake is not supported. We work on a solution!

Is about 4.5.0.55

Given my posts http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=890593 and http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=891269 I just can't see why they need to look into this at all. All that's needed is a recent CPUID SDK .DLL.

I also suspect the same is the case for Ryzen which is even wonkier. There being Ryzen issues is understandable, but the Kaby Lake issue is down to incompetence.

Was going to buy one for my i7 7700K (Asus Z270H). I guess I will be looking elsewhere.

Your choice ... after an initial annoyance, I've not found it to really be an issue. I don't control the fans on the radiator by the CPU temperatures anyway. The only variable that you'd want to control by the CPU temperature would be the pump speed and that's not adjustable.

So ... it's a little annoying. It's odd that they'd not have updated their software for a major processor release. But it's not a problem and the hardware is decent. My $.02 worth.

1. The only variable that you'd want to control by the CPU temperature would be the pump speed and
  2. that's not adjustable.
  3. So ... it's a little annoying.
  4. It's odd that they'd not have updated their software for a major processor release.

1. Why on earth would you wish to do this as it's even sillier than controlling the radiator fans using the CPU core/package temperatures :(:. The pump speed should be controlled from the coolant temperature :nodding:.
  2. The pump speed is adjustable, but CL 4.5.0.55 can't automatically control this based on a temperature and should be able to :(:.
  3. CL4 bugs not being fixed, CL4 crashing, CL4 using lots of CPU time, etc. are far more annoying :(:.
  4. No really that odd as CL4 has not updated to address issues that they specified they would fix over 2 years ago :eek:.

1. CL4 bugs not being fixed, CL4 crashing, CL4 using lots of CPU time, etc. are far more annoying :(:.
  2. No really that odd as CL4 has not updated to address issues that they specified they would fix over 2 years ago :eek:.

Well, considering that I've not seen any of those issues in the year or so that I've used it, they don't really annoy me. I guess I'm lucky. :cool:

I've personally found MSI's software to be far, far more flaky.

Well, considering that I've not seen any of those issues in the year or so that I've used it, they don't really annoy me. I guess I'm lucky. :cool:

Sure you don't and I also assume CL 4.5.0.55 reports all 4 of your Kaby Lake CPU core temperatures :rofl:

Just purchased the H115i. Will be using it on my 7700K. Should arrive this weekend. So are you guys using CL4 or SIV for control?

The H110i has far better firmware and I recommend the H110i to all SIV users, see http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=796027 for why.

SIV will control the "silly" H115i and the latest 5.17 beta will even control the micky mouse LED.

Archived