Corsair Community

Most stable version of CUE 1.0?

I've just handed over my old laptop to my cousin when I realize that I forgot to check the version of my CUE. I've tried CUE 2.0 before and so far I'm not impressed - it is way too cluttered compare to the 1.0 one; all I have is the Scimitar, and I don't need any fancy color profile for it because I just turn them off anyway.

If anyone could please recommend me the most recent stable version yet that is not riddled with bugs/crashing often, I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

You would probably be better off using the final version of CUE 1, which is 1.16.42.

Thank you very much!

Edit: Actually, never mind that. 1.16.42 just gave me a bootloop+failed to restore from system restore on my W10 Home 64 bit.

I initially spent around 5-6 hours disabling my W10's telemetry and its bloatware, along with disabling unused services and other optimizations. After trying to install CUE 1.0/2.0, both of which crashed and reported IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, I still can't use the Scimitar. Searching through regedit showed me that CUE managed to insert at least 8 registry entries despite the BSOD mid-installation. I could probably get it to work by manually removing those keys, but seriously, do you expect every end user to have to come to this conclusion? This is really sad since the CUE used to be pretty robust back when I bought the mouse (late 2015), but now it's effing up your computer during installation? That's unheard of. What are you going to expect from end users now? Have them write their own driver suite because apparently your paid engineers aren't skilled enough to do so?

I'm going to tell my other friends that are looking to build their desktops to stay away from Corsair peripherals from now on. Maybe your management team also ought to fire everyone responsible for the development and QA of both versions of CUE, for releasing such an abomination of a driver suite and just open source it instead. Bet those issues would get straighten out much faster than doing it in-house (plus you don't even have to pay for subpar software engineers too).

Thanks for wasting hours of my life where I'll now have to reinstall my W10, update all my drivers, and reconfig those telemetry/optimization again.

/s for those who missed it

Moderators, feel free to censor my post if you'd like. After all, it's just a rant based on my experience, and you wouldn't want other potential customers to get swayed by my post, do you?

Which version of CUE were you attempting to install? Did you encounter a boot loop?

But a BDOS and a failed install doesn't mean you have to reinstall the OS....

Both 2.10.71 and 1.16.42, and I don't want to leave unused registries hanging out in regedit. I already edited in my result in the post above my rage post (ie. yes, I got stuck in a bootloop that eventually failed to restore from system restore point).

So you were asking me to further beta test CUE?

I've already moved on. The G600 is on its way to me.

Cool. mods guess we can close this.

And I'm not asking I'm suggesting that you provide more info other then crying so they can try to fix it. Also, this problem is usually with your windows install, but good luck to you.

• Corsair Employees
If 1.16 has a BSOD as well in addition to CUE, its not CUE thats responsible for the BSOD. I know you've moved on, and I understand, but BSOD is typically hardware issues (bad memory, bad drivers, etc.). Inheritance was right in we did have an issue with a previous version of CUE (bad driver) but that has long been fixed. I hope you don't see any other issues with your new products but if you do, at least you'll know its not HID related.

Archived