Corsair Community

Corsair Link went to update and disappeared

themaster

A notification appeared in the Corsair Link window that an update was available. So I selected the option to download and install it, but then I just saw a progress bar appear then everything disappeared. Like all traces of Corsair Link are gone. It doesn't start up with Windows now, it's not in my programs, and I can't find the directory. All of the software just vanished..... :mad:

Honestly I am so tired of these software issues.

The same thing just happened to me. I don't know where it's gone or if I have to reinstall it now from an installer.

Apparently the best update for this software is for it to uninstall itself without a trace. Thanks Corsair.

I've just had this exact issue too - told me an update was available so I asked it to update and the entire thing has vanished form the system!

To make things worse, I cannot reinstall it by downloading it again from Corsair's website because when I click to download the file it fails with a 500 error.

Disappointing...

Managed to install it back with the above.

But my Vengeance LED RAM is no longer recognised and all the LEDs turn off after Startup. No options in the new version of Link to get them on, static or otherwise.

SIGH.

But my Vengeance LED RAM is no longer recognised and all the LEDs turn off after Startup. No options in the new version of Link to get them on, static or otherwise.

We all get the same issue with CL4, so much for it being supposedly fixed.

• It's also totally failing to report the 2 x Corsair Vengeance LED modules, is this the intended fix? :rofl:

• 3 weeks later...
This just happened to me too! I clicked update, the progress bars and everything showed up and then it was gone. Like it completely uninstalled itself!... But if you go to http://www.corsair.com/en-us/downloads then in the drop down box select CORSAIR LINK, the latest version comes up, 4.6.0.86. I downloaded and installed it and it still had my profiles and settings!

Archived