Corsair Community

If i have W D and A pressed down during gaming, always goes left (A)

alag28

i just got this keyboard and im gettting use to fluently pressing the keys without hitting an incorrect key. However what i have noticed is when im playing battlefield 1 for instance, when i have Forward (W) Right (D) and Left (A) pressed all at once...it always goes left. seems that A is the "male" key....is there a way i can change this?

on my old keyboard i would just go straight when i have WAD pressed all at once and for some reason its a very small advantage in my gaming performance rather than going LEFT like im experiencing now.

thanks guys

I have experimented on my K95 RGB with pressing WAD at the same time, and seeing what happens. The results vary, depending on which fingers I use to press these keys, indicating that the behavior is highly sensitive to very small timing changes, rather than always picking a leader out of the group of three held-down keys. Individual experiments can be discerned by seeing the repeated letters, at which time I released the three keys and tried again. (Not shown is one attempt that showed repeated two letters alternately.) In all cases, the full key rollover shows that all key presses are seen. The typematic autorepeat is perhaps caused on the OS when seeing a key press event without a corresponding key release event. Given the variety of experimental outcomes observed, the letter shown as repeating is NOT something that a support ticket to Corsair would necessarily resolve.

adwww...

wdaaa...

dawww...

dwaaa...

waddd...

dwaaa...

dwaaa...

wdaaa...

waddd...

awddd...

waddd...

waddd...

dawww...

adwww...

For the particular case suggested by Toasted, where I press sequentially A, then D, then W, this is always seen in this forum:

"aaaaaaaaaaaaadddddddddddddddddddwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww"

The most recently held down key of the group is what is shown repeatedly, even though the preceding keys are still held down.

I suspect that the behavior observed in "battlefield 1 for instance" may be caused by the particular game software itself determining what should be done when a set of keys have sent a key press without a key release -- maybe something changed there?

Archived