Corsair Community

Backlight problem Corsair Strafe

Qutrit

Hello,

I have just replaced a keyboard with the Strafe (blue switches) and I am having trouble with the CUE and the backlighting of the keyboard:

I have created a dark profile where I want all LEDs including the lock indicators also to be not lit. I see an option in CUE that says "Lock indicator colors" and in principle seems to allo for setting a black color for the 'on' position but it does not seem to work

However, it doesn't seem like I can switch off these lights! any help about this? IS there any way to switch off the lock indicator colors? AM I doing something wrong here?

Thanks!

Unfortunately, there is no way to turn off the indicator leds without disabling the functions.

Ah... that's unfortunate. These lights are too large and too intense. Otherwise I'm loving the keyboard. Perhaps this is something they can tackle in a future firmware update? any way to send feedback to corsair? I would definitely thank a 'dark mode'

• 1 month later...
The Windows lock key does not turn on in the 'dark' profile. However the Numlock and capslock lights are lit. Is there any way to get those off in the "dark mode"?

One way is to avoid using NumLock and Capslock lights altogether at all times. Copy your profile to "NumLock" and "Capslock" and "NumCapsLock" and set them in the same CUE folder. Set lighting in "NumLock" to highlight the "NumLock" key and in "Capslock" to highlight the "Caps Lock" key and "NumCapsLock" to highlight both. Set up profile switch actions for the NumLock and CapsLock keys to switch profiles accordingly. In "CapsLock" profile, define keys to send uppercase characters. In "NumLock" profile, define keypad to send numeric equivalent keystrokes instead of application keystrokes. In "NumCapsLock", do both. Now you can just leave these indicators off, and still have your functionality.

Archived