Corsair Community

Please help in suggesting what I need to upgrade

jolo

:confused:

Hopefully my signiture will give a good summary of my system so all can see what I currently am working with.

The question, which I find very difficult to find out an answer on is about expanding the RAM on my Asus MOBO which has two identical cosair RAM sticks on it. I have a Nividia chip set and Dual Channel is working.

:eek: My question is, I want to get some more RAM, and load the new stick in my third and currently unoccupied memory slot. However, would that disable Dual Channel from working?

Or, would I need to strip out the other two 256MB twin cosair sticks and replace them with identical 512MB 3200 chips to keep Dual Channel working and increase my available RAM?.

I sure would like to purchase a third chip and use it instead of replacing my oither two to keep Dual Channel working.

Thanks so much !!!!!!!

Asus has not given me an answer on this and I have asked them several times.

Thanks,

Jon

• Corsair Employees
Can you tell me the exact model# of your memory module and please tell me if you purchased those modules as a pair or set? In addition, please tell me if you have the latest BIOS installed on your system and what BIOS settings you have set for both CPU and memory and any performance settings that you may have set?

Archived