Corsair Community

H115i radiator mounting.

exhale

Hello,

I recently bought a Corsair H115i and installed it in a Define S case. The issue i'm having is that somehow, Corsair must of changed the radiator screw mount spacing as i cannot mount it in all the holes. I could barely screw in 4 and as of now, the radiator is mounted top, fans on exhaust but only in 4 screws.

My question is: is this going to pose a problem in the future? Should i be concerned and maybe even try to get the cooler replaced? (although i'd really hate to do that since i got lucky and it works flawlessly).

o-----o--x----x

x-----o--o----x

This is how they're mounted, where o stands for an empty screw mount.

Apparently, as you surmise, Corsair have changed the spacing, God only knows why, however I would have expected 2 out of each group of 4 to work, probably the 2 pairs at the end. I'm not sure what you can do, other than contact them and complain (or very carefully drill your case).

@snapper69: I was thinking about breaking some of the small metal lines from the existing holes of my case (the Define S' top is already fully drilled). I don't wanna RMA the cooler because from what I can tell, I either got a golden chip or a golden cooler (idle temps are ~27-28 and prime95 v26.6 barely jumps over 65 in small fft's) (and this considering that people are reporting way higher temps on their 7700k).

Yes, it should be 20mm. The original H110i GTX was 15mm, but that made it incompatible with several existing Corsair cases. However, the real question is why no one can find some space on the product page to list that rather critical detail.

As for your current situation, it's not going to fall down, but you might get some chatter at higher fan speeds. Regardless of probabilities, that is something that would likely irritate me and I might look to another brand with (presumably) 15mm spacing. If you are comfortable modifying the case, by all means do that. Oddly, it is probably the easiest solution.

Sadly, having it returned will leave me with little to zero options for other AIO's...i could go for either one of Fractal's Kelvins but i trust Corsair more, when it comes to this.

Guess i'll have to do some tinkering, although it pains me to even scratch that which is new.

Thank you for your input and feedback, it's well appreciated!

Cheers.

Archived