Corsair Community

void problem with win7

kidlat020

I used the installer CorsairUtilityEngineSetup_2.9.53_release in windows 7 ultimate SP1 to install my void wireless headset.

I'm getting this error in the device manager.

Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required for this device. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source. (Code 52)

this error is showing both in the headset and in the bus in the device manager.

the software works, for some reason. and by it works I mean I can manipulate the color scheme of the headset using the software.

Also yes, I've already restarted.

If this is a windows problem is there a way to bypass this "digital signature" from them? Microsoft really knows how to milk money with their signatures making sure the device won't work.

I've found a way to permanently solve this issue, at least it has worked with 3 individual cases.

1.) Solution that will work but only till you restart your PC has already been described. Restart you PC -> F8 -> Disable Driver Signature.

2.) Even if you permanently disable driver signature you may run into issues running programs that will detect this as hacking or tempering with OS so this is an issue that may bite you in the ***** later. Especially games are prone to this.

Solution - sign the driver

1.) Head over here http://www.ngohq.com/?page=dseo, download the software - its a simple executive so no need to install anything.

2.) Read the instruction and follow it or:

I. - run the software as ADMINISTRATOR -> Enable Test Mode and restart your PC. You'll notice TEST mode text turned on in your desktop right hand bottom corner.

II. - run the software as ADMINISTRATOR again -> Sign a System File -> copy the location of the driver that needs to be signed in the field -> typically it should be this: C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\CorsairGamingAudioamd64.sys and click OK. Now the driver should be signed, please restart your PC.

III. - now all should be in order and your headset should work full + CUE. We need to get rid of Test Mode now. Run the software as ADMINISTRATOR for the last time and chose Disable Test Mode and restart your PC.

IV. - you are done. You should have your WIN back from Testing Mode and 7.1 sound and CUE working by now.

Hope that helps :)

Archived