Corsair Community

Vengence LPX 3000 on Z170-A Board, No Go

dceremuga

Can anyone at Corsair or on the boards please give me some pointers/help. The support through the ticketing is uselsss.

I've been going back and forth with support through the ticketing but he has been no help, with responses like:

Comment

Created By: Technical Support Rep (2/8/2017 11:18 AM)

Again, there are no manual settings specific to the kit, you would have to change them to see what works for you.

Created By: David(2/8/2017 11:14 AM)

Well help then. I need the full specs for the ram to manually plug into the bios to run at 3000. timings, voltages.

Created By: Technical Support Rep (2/8/2017 10:53 AM)

It definitely shouldn't have an issue with it.

Created By: David (2/8/2017 10:22 AM)

It ONLY hangs when XMP is used. I need to know if this memory will work XMP or not with this board. If not I will return for a cheaper set.

Created By: Technical Support Rep (2/8/2017 10:18 AM)

If the computer does hang, a replacement would be best.

Created By: David (2/8/2017 10:06 AM)

Bios version 3007 dated 11/29/19. I've noticed on your support forums that a lot of people are having problems with XMP settings on Z170 boards, but some have success by manually putting in the XMS profile.

Also the memory passes memtest running 4 hours at the slower default setting of 2133.

Created By: Technical Support Rep (2/8/2017 9:52 AM)

There are no specific manual settings, unfortunately. Which bios version do you have installed?

Can anyone at Corsair or on the boards please give me some pointers/help. The support through the ticketing is uselsss.

You can get the original XMP timings for your kit from Aida64 > Motherboard > SPD.

Edit: If those don't work, you can try my settings:

CL16

e42corsairveng_lpx3004muov.png

CL15

e42corsairveng_lpx300dzu20.png

Keep command rate at 2T until your first stability tests passed successfully. These timings are still @ AUTO mostly, i just manually set a few of the problematic ones. Since you did not state the actual model number of your kit, if it is a 2x16GB or 2x8GB single sided variant, you probably need to raise/double the tRFC (my kit was CMK16GX4M4A2800C16, so 4x4GB). For voltage start with a Vdimm of 1.35V, then try lower if fully stable.

My 6700K an M8G could do DDR4-3000 with VCCSA 1.096V and VCCIO 1.040V, but what is actually needed varies from one CPU to another and the MB also plays a role in that. From Rajas statement here, you will probably need a bit more VCCSA and/or VCCIO because of your "mainstream" board.

Yeah, I love how before it was released, it wasn't so "mainstream". *groan*

Archived