Corsair Community

Twinx Cmx512-3200ll

MPierce559

OK, I have two of these, they are a matched pair. So I put them in a new ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe Motherboard and they would not work, I mean you could load things, and install windows but would start to break down, and as soon as other moduals were replaced, everything came around. Well, then I moved them to a SOYO K8USA, same deal. Finally I moved them to my work machine which has a MSI K8N Neo Platinium, and same thing, and no mater if it is running at SPD or I set the settings to 3-3-3-10 Command 2, same problem voltage from 2.6 to 2.7. The wierd thing is if I run WemTest or MemDoc they both pass! Any ideas? They are pretty much useless to me if I cannot use them in windows! lol :laughing:

Can you tell me the exact model number of the memory module?

OK from left to right top to bottom here is what is on the holographic sticker. There is also a TWINX sticker on the memory.

CMX512-3200LL XMS3205v1.2

Middle

Bottom

XMS3200 512MB 400MHz 2326

You'll have to forgive thoughness, but I seem to be cursed for leaving out that ONE piece of information. :eek:

I have only had to this twice for you folks, and we (the university of florida) and myself personally buy a LOT of ram from you guys. LOL

• Corsair Employees

Please put the memory modules on either slots 1&3 or 2&4; make sure that you have the latest BIOS installed for your MB; load optimized/set up default, and set the following BIOS settings;

CMX256A or CMX512-3200LL

Advanced CPU/Memory Configuration:

Memclock Mode: Limit

Memclock Value: 2:1 (DDR400)

Bank Interleaving: 4/Enabled

Burst Length: 8

SDRAM CAS Latency: 2T

SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 3T

SDRAM Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 6T

SDRAM Row Precharge (tRP): 2T

2T Command Rate: Disabled

Jumper Free/Frequency Voltage Control:

AI Overclock Tuner: Manual

CPU FSB Clock: 200

DDR Voltage: 2.8 Volts

AGP Voltage: Default *unless you have ATI (9200 or 9600) or NVIDIA (5200 or 5700) then 1.6 Volts suggested!*

All other settings should be set to default settings!Then please test them one at a time with http://www.memtest.org and let's make sure it's not some other issue! I would run the test for at least 2-3 passes to be sure!

Please put the memory modules on either slots 1&3 or 2&4; make sure that you have the latest BIOS installed for your MB; load optimized/set up default, and set the following BIOS settings;

CMX256A or CMX512-3200LL

Advanced CPU/Memory Configuration:

Memclock Mode: Limit

Memclock Value: 2:1 (DDR400)

Bank Interleaving: 4/Enabled

Burst Length: 8

SDRAM CAS Latency: 2T

SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 3T

SDRAM Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 6T

SDRAM Row Precharge (tRP): 2T

2T Command Rate: Disabled

Jumper Free/Frequency Voltage Control:

AI Overclock Tuner: Manual

CPU FSB Clock: 200

DDR Voltage: 2.8 Volts

AGP Voltage: Default *unless you have ATI (9200 or 9600) or NVIDIA (5200 or 5700) then 1.6 Volts suggested!*

All other settings should be set to default settings!Then please test them one at a time with http://www.memtest.org and let's make sure it's not some other issue! I would run the test for at least 2-3 passes to be sure!

OK at those setting the first stick failed in slot 1 (there were only 3 slots on the MSI K8N Neo Platinium) right off the bat with 915 failures. Stick 2 only failed in slot 2 with 1003 failures though. Sorry to say this but it was good to see them fail instead of pass because I only had so much hair left.. :laughing: Where do we go from here?

• Corsair Employees

I am sorry I thought you originally have a ASUS MB, please try these settings for your MSI K8N Neo MB. Please make sure that you have the latest BIOS installed on your MB, and install the modules on either slots 1&3 or 2&3, and set the following BIOS settings;

DRAM Configuration :

Max Memclock: Limit or 200

1T/2T Memory Timing : 1T

CAS# latency (Tlc): 2

RAS# to CAS# delay (Trcd): 3

Min RAS# active time (Tras): 6

Row precharge Time (Trp): 2

High Performance Mode : Manual

Aggressive timing : DISABLED

Dynamic Overclocking: DISABLED

Spread Spectrum : Enabled

HT Frequency : 4x

Cool’n’Quiet: Enable

Adjust CPU Rotation: Startup

Adjust CPU FSB Frequency: 200

Adjust AGP Frequency: 66

Adjust CPU VID 1.500v

CPU Voltage: By CPU VID

Memory Voltage : 2.75

AGP Voltage: 1.50V *1.6V if you have 9200 or 9600 ATI or 5200 or 5700 Nvidia card.

All other settings should be left to MB default settings.

Then please test them one at a time with http://www.memtest.org and let’s make sure it's not some other issue! I would run the test for at least 2-3 passes to be sure!

I am sorry I thought you originally have a ASUS MB, please try these settings for your MSI K8N Neo MB. Please make sure that you have the latest BIOS installed on your MB, and install the modules on either slots 1&3 or 2&3, and set the following BIOS settings;

DRAM Configuration :

Max Memclock: Limit or 200

1T/2T Memory Timing : 1T

CAS# latency (Tlc): 2

RAS# to CAS# delay (Trcd): 3

Min RAS# active time (Tras): 6

Row precharge Time (Trp): 2

High Performance Mode : Manual

Aggressive timing : DISABLED

Dynamic Overclocking: DISABLED

Spread Spectrum : Enabled

HT Frequency : 4x

Cool’n’Quiet: Enable

Adjust CPU Rotation: Startup

Adjust CPU FSB Frequency: 200

Adjust AGP Frequency: 66

Adjust CPU VID 1.500v

CPU Voltage: By CPU VID

Memory Voltage : 2.75

AGP Voltage: 1.50V *1.6V if you have 9200 or 9600 ATI or 5200 or 5700 Nvidia card.

All other settings should be left to MB default settings.

Then please test them one at a time with http://www.memtest.org and let’s make sure it's not some other issue! I would run the test for at least 2-3 passes to be sure!

That is alright, I listed all the Motherboards it had been tested in! Ok, I have redone the test, about the same results only this time I had more errors because I am guessing that you wanted me to do both sticks at once? If not can go back and do them one at a time however 1 & 3 failed in more time then 2 & 3...ie it took two passes on 1 and 3, and 2 passes on 2 and 3. I think I got 1702 fails on first fail and 1902 on second. :bigeyes:

Please test the modules one at a time if both modules failed when using Memtest86; this is just to verify that one of the module is bad, and not some other issue!

]OK, sorry it took so long, but we had a 3 day weekend at work, and although these are my personal sticks, they still were tested here. However it seems that one stick is a little 'more' bad then the other. Both get errors but stick "2" only fails in 2 & 3, and takes a little time to warm up to it, because it takes a second pass, however it is cumlitive, because the longer I left it the more failures I got. I left it in there till pass 5 then stopped because I did not want to damage anything else. lol :bigeyes:

• Corsair Employees

Getting errors with both modules would suggest some other problem. But I have no problem replacing your modules if you want to try that.

Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

Getting errors with both modules would suggest some other problem. But I have no problem replacing your modules if you want to try that.

Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

Thank you, when the form is asking for a module part number, what number is that? and do I have quantity 2 or 1? (matched pair that is why I am asking)

Archived